Henry’s Foot Injury Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Afc46, Nov 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Yeah. I have had foot surgery, it’s a different animal. Even minor surgery is 6 weeks. I thought I’d recover quickly. Not so much. He will have excellent care, so maybe you’re right. Hopefully the surgery went 100

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Since we have a good QB and a great WR and another great one who needs to get on the field we should be able to manage to have a pretty good offense. Last I checked not many teams won a SB with guy like Henry. Great to have him and obviously he is super valuable and it could cost us some games not having that stud out there. But we have the talent to manage it.

This is all about getting to the playoffs and hopefully being healthy at that time (like getting Fulton back who is now our best CB). We can be competitive and still win a fair share of our games until Henry comes back. If Henry's foot heals properly and he comes back anything close to 100% we are good to go.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

It means the O-Line and the D-Line need to show up and show out. Really all phases need to do that. Henry carried the team early, now it's their turn to honor his effort and keep it going in his absence.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
  4. Sevenfeet

Sevenfeet Starter

I am concerned about atrophy. Now granted, he has a long way to come down from peak condition. But it will happen. I've ruptured both Achilles Tendons (not at the same time) and it doesn't take long for your lower legs to weaken with no weight on them. At least bones heal faster than tendons.

5. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Been there myself (left fully torn Achilles), yes, atrophy can happen quickly. The way Henry trains, I'm hopefully he will find ways to avoid that somewhat. He doesn't seem like the type to sit around and do nothing.

6. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

Everyone that talks about the "atrophy" needs to look at who we're talking about. If there is one person who will be fine with a little time off, its Derrick Henry.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Absolutely, I've mentioned before that I think we're still a playoff team without Henry, so if there's any chance of him being able to come back safely in the playoffs, we need to take care of business and get there first because we have more than enough talent to do so. Now it's Tannehill's chance to show that he is a franchise QB and not a glorified game manager riding off Henry's coattails.

8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Smash and dash with AP and McNichols. McNichols has proven himself, not sure what AP has left though, but I think AP will be capable with maybe 10-12 carries a game. It'll all depend on if Tannehill though, time for him to show he's actually legit. We just got to take care of business and get to the playoffs while we wait for Henry to recover. This injury might end up being a blessing in disguise, seeing how Henry was being overworked to begin with.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Enough with the overworked crap..it's unfortunate he got hurt but it happens

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Titans are going to prove they are a good team even without their star RB. Don’t be surprised if they win Sunday night. They’re very motivated now especially since EVERYONE is writing them off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar