Henry’s Foot Injury Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Afc46, Nov 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

We have 3. 1 Jags and 2 Texans. We can also beat the Patriots, Saints and Steelers and 49ers. these teams can all be beat without Henry.

Rams are a problem.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. blacktitan

blacktitan Starter

After he hit 2K yds. last year, I never thought him breaking the record this year was worth the wear and tear. Like it or not, Henry is a volume runner. He amassed so many yards because of usage, not efficiency. I ain't mad at that because he had proven to be the most powerful weapon in the league on offense, for what he meant to the passing game and late game plans. But, if he even approached that record this year, it was gonna be the result of a boatload of carries, which would be terrible mismanagement. He was going to wear down eventually, and the way the year was going, it seemed he needed 25+ carries/gm to get decent yardage. That was way too much of a workload in a 17 gm season if the expectation was he would be available for the playoffs. Though I am heartbroken and worried about the team going forward, I can't say I am surprised that he got hurt. It was bound to happen.

Now we can see how good a coaching staff Vrabel and co. really are. Now there needs to be real pro game planning, how to use the weapons available with most success and efficiency. Pounding a generational RB into stacked boxes hoping he breaks a 75 yd TD that deflates the opponent is not an option, like for the rest of the league. Now they need real game planning on both O and D. The Titans will need to be able to win a game if they can only score 21 pts, like the rest of the league. We'll see real quick if they can.

3. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Bleh to AP as the best option.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Forgot the Dolphins at home.

5. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

Man, what brutal news. It was obvious he wasn't right yesterday. One play towards the end he went left tackle and would normally stiff arm the DB into oblivion but you could see he couldn't weight bear properly so couldn't turn the corner.

6. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

Jones fracture typically has a 8-12 week recovery with or without surgery. That's a recovery to normality. Getting back to running 21.8mph on it at 247 lbs might take longer.. what a nightmare.

7. Carp

Carp Starter

Also, now seems like the opportune time to improve the WR/TE corps since we clearly will need to throw the ball more and AJ and Julio have had injury issues throughout the season. John Brown should be at the very top of that list. I also like Trey Burton at TE, good blocker and has shown to be a weapon in the passing game in the past, but seeing that we are 3 deep at TE already, I don't see us carrying a 4th TE.

#137 Carp, Nov 1, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I would argue Wentz made the throws to lose the game. In the 4th quarter and overtime Tannehill had opportunities to get the go ahead score and did not capitalize once. Even taking over at the thirty, we had to make an almost 50 yard field goal.

I'm not saying Tannehill is bad by league wide standards. He's just run of the mill.

The reality I think some Titans fans don't want to accept is that Derrick Henry affects the game, even when he's bottled up all game. Zero part of me believes Tannehill can beat good teams in a one dimensional passing offense. That isn't a giant slight in him because there aren't that many QBs like that. But the "Tannehill is a top 5-10 QB" crowd is going to be disappointed. Jmo

• Boring Boring x 1
  9. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Agreed, Mack could be good but would Colts trade with us.

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Not a chance in hell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar