Henry should have won MVP last year and should be the front runner this year…

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GeronimoJackson, Oct 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

But he didn’t last year and won’t this year because the MVP is a narrative award. Just like how LeBron should win it pretty much every year in the NBA if you’re talking about who actually deserves it.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe Derrick Henry is the only 2000 yard rusher that didn’t have a pro bowl lineman. Also, through 6 games, only two other running backs have had more rushing yards, and that’s Eric Dickerson and Jim Brown, those two names speak for itself.

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Agree almost entirely but you’re fighting an uphill battle.
    Not only does the league have the biggest boner for QBs all the time, they seem to have a large boner for Lamar Jackson. If he keeps winning, almost regardless of his play, NFL gonna give it to him.

That’s also incorrect about his totals through 6 games. He’s #5 (posted in the Henry x3 thread) of at least the other 2K rushers including himself just last year. (He was at 800 even, he’s at 783 currently).

I didnt look up non-2K rushers on where they may be after 6 games, JB might be there and Dickerson’s rookie year may be, not his record year.

3. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

Derrick Henry will win MVP. This is the year he becomes the GOAT

Attached Files:

• Cheers Cheers x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. DaCost

DaCost Starter

Needs to get that 2k to do it which at this point is highly likely.

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Good luck. If you win, chances are we all won watching the titans win.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. tyronecalico

tyronecalico Starter

Those are insane odds I only saw as high as 51 to 1 on my book. What book is that?

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

That's a ridiculous standard for an RB to qualify for MVP. Like saying the only way a QB could win is having 50 tds

8. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

upload_2021-10-19_1-34-12.png

• LOL LOL x 7
  9. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

DraftKings. Odds probably moved after this game tho

10. TexasTitanFan

TexasTitanFan Starter

Derrick Henry reached 21.8 MPH on his long TD run last night. Fastest of any RB this year, and his fastest in his career.

So somehow, DH22 has managed to get bigger AND faster this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar