Henry or Ganther

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Aug 11, 2008.

?

Ganther or Henry for #3 RB

Poll closed Aug 21, 2008.
  1. Ganther

29 vote(s)
    59.2%
  2. Henry

20 vote(s)
    40.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

Yup. Casey Cramer has been ST player of the week before. I think it would be hard to keep 5 total RBs (LW,CJ,CH,Hall,Ganther), unless we cut a bunch of WRs and TE's. One of them will be cut.

I doubt we cut Henry because he is a high draft pick. Unfortunate, isn't it?

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Theres no way you couldn't have been impressed by QC... true, it was obvious to me that we won that game in the trenches, especially on offense, but the guy did take 8 carries for 115 yards an 2 scores. Impressive. Perhaps not an accurate barometer of his abilities, but given the circumstances of the game I can't see him doing any better then he did.

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

We've got to debate something until Friday night. :wink2:

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think Henry is so young you have to give him some more time. You also have to play the odds here. If you drop Ganther, he will probably still be around when he need him later. But if you drop Henry, he's likely to get scooped up. I think it is just to early to give up on Henry right now. I want to see him get some snaps in a few regular season games before passing final judgement, and that makes him a viable three for a few seasons.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm starting a Ganther fan club.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Better hurry because the home base will be Denver or Chicago by September.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't think Ganther clears waivers this year if we cut him. How much time do give Henry? I just didn't see a whole lot of improvement. There were alot of cutback lanes Sat night that he didn't see (or "feel")- he just rammed into the back of his O-line for a zero or 2 yard gain.

Are we really talking about keeping 5 backs?

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Oh some one will claim him. The teams TitanJeff said will.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Ganther can't be put on the practice squad again.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I personally wouldn't cut henry until I see him in 2 regular season games as the starter. Now that may never happen. But it probably will. And once it does I think that is a fair evaluation of his ability. Pre-season has too many variables. I want to see what he can do in the limelight. If he's missing assignments in pre-season, that is one thing, but to judge him on his inability to hit a hole, I want to see him in the regular season when it is easier to see what he can do and not do. And I mean as a veteran, not a rookie. I'd give him a full five years to do that unless I felt like he didn't understand the playbook. It doesn't really hurt to keep him around that long. You've got a second rounder here. You've got to give him a spin even if he appears to be absolutely blind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar