Henry Named AFC OPotM for Dec

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

Don't get me wrong. I want to believe. I've just seen him do it before in all his previous seasons... I thought it would definitely start differently this yr. He played very well in the playoffs vs KC. Then to start this yr; he disappeared. Granted it was not to the extent it was this yr... And I acknowledge Henry was GREAT in the last half of the yr.

If he is going to be our Lead RB he has to do it start to finish. That is the biggest question around him right now IMO.

2. kenny

kenny Starter

Personally I am MUCH more concerned w/the fact that we are 1 of the worst passing teams in the NFL. Not just because of the QB. Protection was horrid. The "Modern Scheme" did not look so modern. We rarely saw WRs running/schemed open... (Yea, there were some plays that looked great & some that made me think Robiskie was still OC) And we ran into 8/9 man boxes constantly. That certainly did not do Henry any favors. I thought 1 of Vrabel's big statements was: "We are not going to do anything SILLY like run into 8/9 man boxes."

IDK, it's just concerning to me... Hopefully LaFleur studies his play calling & says; WHAT WAS I THINKING!! I would love to see this team be MUCH more modern in it's approach next yr. We certainly need to see JRob address WR/OLine aggressively IMO.​

3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

The issues with the passing game were all about the injuries.

4. kenny

kenny Starter

If LaFleur does not change drastically the way he called the Passing game... I do not see us making the playoffs next yr. Our schedule next yr is rough IMO. We cannot play dink & dunk football again next yr. Not vs teams like the Saints, Colts, & Chiefs who consistently put up HUGE point totals.

I mean we were below teams that started rookies & Multiple QBs... Teams w/Far worse WR depth than us... Only Seattle attempted less Passes & they had a GREAT Run Game all yr... 17 teams Passed for nearly 4,000yds or more. We BARELY broke 3,000yds passing & netted less than 3k...​

5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Do you really think it was his plan to run Henry in the Wildcat? Come on, man. You have to work with what you've got.

6. kenny

kenny Starter

I know losing Walker was big. However, I have no belief that it would've been THAT much different w/Walker.

Marcus only missed 1 more game than last yr & attempted 122 less passes. I cannot believe that is all a result of injury.

We are still more run heavy than ever. Even Mularkey/Robiskie called less runs.

7. kenny

kenny Starter

No I don't... But I think you HAVE to plan for it when the starting QB has missed as many games as he has... I believe you still have to have a plan that makes the passing game a credible threat... You have to agree it was not a threat MOST of the yr.

8. kenny

kenny Starter

Going into a season where we NEEDED to find out if Marcus was capable of being a Franchise QB passing the ball... We still do not know... Not really. The team centered the offense around the RBs from the start of the season.

Even once Vrabel said "Marcus was back to 100%" we called more a more Run Heavy offense than Mularkey/Robiskie.

I am not dissing the Coaches. I am concerned & think it is a legit concern. I do not recall how many; but there was a long stretch of games where we threw only 1TD or NONE... Not because the Run Game was working & scoring well. Because we could not...

That's a legit concern to me. We went from a team that led the NFL in Red Zone scoring in 2016 w/much the same or better weapons... To a team that could not score in 2018.

2016 ranked #1
    2017 ranked #14
    2018 ranked #23

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

Highly doubtful.

10. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

Just my two cents ... I believe that M. Mariota lingering throwing hand injury was what held the passing game more than anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar