Henry cut and on his way to Denver....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by finz50, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Again, it's not about signing players at any cost. The players that have been signed so far have signed at deals that would quickly have landed us in cap hell again.

We're not a team that's going to win the Superbowl next year, rather we need to look 2-5 years into the future.

2. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

We just get out of salary cap hell and everyone is pissed because they aren't throwing money around? No way in hell do you pay Travis Henry an 8 million dollar bonus.

3. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Well if you wont pay a running back who just got u the most yards since Eddie George when he was a beast then you must not care about the team. Henry is a pure beast. Way better then that fat lard LenDale.

4. Sledge

Sledge Guest

D-Jack is another one who's constantly hurt... Very nice job of managing a football Reinfeldt. Knowing you weren't gonna touch any good free agents (Clements, Lewis, Thomas, FLetcher are all signed already), you should've just given him his bonus. We lose Henry and Bennett from the offense. They're still replaceable, we could still sign Rhodes or Green, but the help we need on D I thought we could have filled a little in FA, but I don't see anything worthwhile left on the board. Oh well, when's the draft ?

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I'll admit it... right now things don't look very good. But it's still early. We've lost a lot of guys. It seems like we are digging ourselves a big hole. But I, for one, am not ready to throw up the white flag. I have confidence in Reinfeldt and Fisher that they'll start making moves to make this team better. Patience is a virtue.

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Well, you're right, maybe it's not all that bad, but the pool of solid FAs is running thin. Only ones worthwhile left are Joey Porter, Steinbach, Kerney, Kris Dielman, Stallworth, Cato June, Jordan Black, Hamlin, Curtis, Nick Harper (wouldn't it be nice to add June and Harper to our list of "former Colts" :), DeWayne White, Deion Grant, and Horn. Not major star talent but adequate. Let's hop Reinfeldt wakes up soon

7. It's both funny and sad there there are a bunch of Titans fans out there ready to jump off the nearest bridge just because we haven't done anything in 2 days of free agency...

People, get a grip already!

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The sky is falling SK.

The rapture has come.

9. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

We can find a suitable veteran at a much more reasonable price to compliment White. The production of the two can offset Henry who is a single drug test away from serving a year suspension. You simply cannot risk 8 million dollars on that. You have far too many holes to fill. I would love to have kept Henry but not at that price. If he were a 3rd year player without a drug history I could see giving him a big deal but not at this stage of his career. It's just not very good cap sense.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Some also fail to realise Running Backs don't last long. I doubt TH has three years of tread left on his wheels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar