Henry and White to Get More Work with Starters

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans are going to try a change this Saturday night against the Falcons. Coach Jeff Fisher has said he will play RBs Travis Henry and rookie LenDale White earlier so they can play behind the starting offensive line. "I’m excited anytime I can go out there and get some good looks with the first unit," Henry said. "I’ve already been getting some looks anyway playing the second quarter, but I’m excited." White welcomes the opportunity as well. "I’m excited just get a few touches with the ones and to see were I’m at against better competition. I’m excited just to get out there and showcase what I can do and to help my team get a victory," White said.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. fltitan

fltitan Guest

It will ne nice to see LenDale with the 1st OL. This should give some indication of how ready he is to help the run game at the beginng of the season. If he performs well we may see more of him and he may get carries early in the regular season.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

This seems like an effort to me to officially let Lendale jump Henry on the depth chart. Obviously White will have to out play Henry but Henry has already had alot of reps with the 1st team. I'm sure they hope White can shine putting him as the #2 guy. Henry better play well or he may end up spending alot of time on the bench and possibly not even dressing out for games if he is the #3.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

it seems like mroe of a chalenge against chris brown if you ask me, fisher wants to see who can step up behind the firsst team, and right now thats browns position, but if he wants to see others, maybe hes thinking about a new starter

5. Mempho Man

Mempho Man Guest

Looking forward to seeing LW with the reg's,well read about it..Unless its on down this way.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Start LW, use CB as a 3rd down back and send TH to Canada to replace his weed smoking brother Ricky

7. embo82

embo82 Guest

Given that LW was pretty much the only bright spot in our last game, I think he deserves a chance to play with the first team. It might have only been wishing thinking, but the way it took more than one defender to bring down reminded me of pre-toe Eddie.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

They all deserve a little time with the first team. Honestly none of them have really earned the first spot, so it's brown's to lose. Part of the problem is that we're not seeing ANYONE for even a full half. I want to see what they can do in a full game over 60 minutes.

9. LW needs this to get a good feel of our O-Line, course its not a pressure game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar