Henry Agrees to Five Year Deal with Broncos

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bulluck4dMVP, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I was one of the people saying we can still get him back. I thought we would. We didn't. I don't know why. I hope we've got something else planned.

2. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

So, Henry's signing bonus is $12 mil, correct? Does he get that at signing or is it strung out through the term like the rest of the salary? I always thought that the signing bonus was given at signing, but I am no expert. I am just glad that the Titans didn't spend that money on a position that we have help at. I'm tired of hearing "Titans' defense is ranked 32nd." Let's use that money for defense, because that wins championships... as well as a good ground based attack. Good Luck in Denver, Travis. Welcome to the lime light, LenDale. Show us what you can do.

3. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

the player recieves the signing bonus at signing, but the cap hit can be spread through the length of the contract, at least that's how I understand it.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Oh well, kinda figured as much. He'll probably kick *** there.

5. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

anybody else think its funny that mcgahee might be going there too?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

surely they wouldn't be interested now, but it would be funny.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I wonder what the chances of Brown staying are. We thought Henry would go before last year started, then Brown with his tantrum, and now Henry is gone and we need another back. I mean, really, I think Brown would be such a good change of pace back and if we wanted him could easily spin it as "let you compete in camp, and hey if White goes down, you're the guy." The problem is Brown is the one likely to go down, even if he were allowed to remain, which he will not be.

8. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

will people please stop suggesting we bring Chris Brown back? he and Fisher didn't get along at all, he demanded a trade before last season (which we didn't do) sitting him had nothing to do with his performance, he and Fisher were not on the same page, kinda like Volek, except that Volek had trade value.

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I've thought the same thing. In looking at the market as it stands now and thinking about who is out there and what they will cost, Brown may very well be our best option. If White can carry the bulk of the load, Brown can be a very dangerous back in limited use (plus it might keep him healthy).

10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

You are aware we're going to sign Corry Dillon, right? I can sense it in my gut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar