Hello from Bmore

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Mashed Potatoes, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Take smack to the smack forum, folks. I'm deleting any I find in this thread. It would be nice to have ONE thread we can talk about the game without smack.

You can do it. I know you can.

2. RavensDan

RavensDan Guest

You almost have in right. Ray was not found guilty of obstruction of justice, he PLED guilty without going to trial. Also, he was not found "not guilty" of murder, he was NEVER charged with murder. In fact, he was never a serious suspect. The only reason he was charged with obstruction was he panicked and told people to hide evidence.

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Ok, I'll try this again without letting it become smack.

I agree that Ray Lewis is not a murderer and I don't condone the use of that term when describing him.

However, he is far from an upstanding citizen and his acts that night were deplorable. I do not believe that he should get a free pass because he didn't commit murder, and I maintain a strong dislike for the young man.

Can I still add a :ravens:?

4. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

he is a model citizen and the greatest MLB to ever play the game. Pair that with Reed and you have a QB rating similar to what Collins had in Baltimore.

Just like 2000 all over again...

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I really don't think he's the best ever.One of them for sure but not the very best.

I'd rather have Singletary in his prime or Dick Butkus.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Bravo. A whole 15 minutes it took for the smack to return.

7. Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes Camp Fodder

I disagree that he is far from an upstanding citizen, that's exactly what he is now. If you're talking about when he first entered the league then I won't argue that. His acts that night were deplorable and he paid the price for it. He's still paying the price for it today as he's called a murderer everywhere he goes. Not every middle linebacker can be adopted by a nice white rich Jewish family when they were young you know!

It's weird, I used to feel the same way about Titans fans as you feel about Ravens fans, since the divisions changed though my hate has subsided. I think it helps that we reached the pinnacle, if you all had won in 2000 and we never made it back to the big show I would despise you. Jeff Fisher used to be my least favorite Titan. Not because I thought he was a bad coach, but the way he would whine to the media before and after every game. Now that we've had some distance I really appreciate how similar our two franchises really are.

Oh yea, and you can add a pluck the ravens until your face turns Titan blue!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar