Hello from Bmore

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Mashed Potatoes, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes Camp Fodder

Hello everyone,

First off let me say how impressed I am with what I've read so far on the board. It's well organized and the posters are passionate, the moderators welcoming, and the discussion intelligent. A clear step above the Dolphins Phorum (get it, I replaced the F with a PH, sooo funny!) I frequented the past week.

I'm not here just to instigate and talk trash, no new information is revealed from that practice and both sides always leave feeling right, but ticked off. I genuinely enjoy learning from other perspectives as it's impossible not to be extremely biased about your own team when you live in the city and read your own media and discuss it with your own fans.

I miss the days of the AFC Central. Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, yall, and us were always strong and I took pride in our superiority compared to the other divisions. We were clearly the best division in football. Furthermore, we had one of, if not the best rivalry in football for a few years. Every game was a battle and the intensity was top notch.

Saturday cannot come soon enough but in the meantime, I look forward to some good spirited discussion and banter!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I thought Ed Reed walked on water and covered the earth !

kinda confused.

better not let Chuck Norris hear about Ed Reed that's all

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Yes, I miss it too. The one thing that I am worried most about, is if we win we are going to be bruised. The same goes for you. Lets hope that we dont blow our load on this game.

While were talking,when I was watching the game today I had a thought. Who would you take in a street fight, Joey Porter or Ray Lewis? No weapons :) I would take Joey now, Lewis 5 years ago.

4. Mashed Potatoes

Ed Reed intercepts God, walks on water, and covers the Earth. He does all of these things, they are not mutually exclusive.

Philosophy question of the day, if Ed Reed intercepted God, and Ed Reed is God, can one intercept him/herself?

It should be a bruiser that's for sure. At this point we're playing through so many injuries and so many weeks without a bye I don't even care, I just want the W and then if we're lucky enough we'll worry about next week when it comes.

As far as Ray Ray vs. Porter, keep in mind that Ray was actually the state champion wrestler in Florida during high school. Furthermore Ray is actually bigger than ever. He can't go sideline to sideline like he used to, but he put on extra muscle this year to help shed blockers and deliver big hits. If anything he's better equipped for a street fight now than he was 5 years ago. Gotta go with my boy here, no question.

5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Gosh, Ed Reed is incredible. I think we have our own mini Reed in Griffin, but it will take him a couple years to catch up. Glad you seem to be an intelligent poster, we have way too many trolls come over from other teams. Can't wait for Saturday!

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

If Ed Reed is so great how come he's going to lose next week?

7. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

ed reed will win but the ravens will lose.

8. Mashed Potatoes

I know your defense is great, but I haven't watched you guys enough to know about the players beyond the big names. If Griffin has a career remotely similar to Reed you all are in for a treat. People are now discussing whether Reed is the greatest to ever play the position.

If we do in fact lose next week it will be because Ed Reed has determined that the Ravens losing serves a greater good. What good is greater than a Ravens win against the Titans in the playoffs? I have no idea, but that would be the reason.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Honestly, the divisional rivals are somewhat diminished by the Titans relationship with the Ravens, and I genuinely miss the tension and spirit of competition between the teams. I love that infamous Billick locker-room tape, just as much as I loved EG giving Lewis a nasty stiffarm as they crashed into the ground. It was a heated, bitter rival with a team you could actually respect (at least to me, I may have had some malice, but I always acknowledged Bmore as worthy opponents).

Here's to a slobberknocker next Saturday.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I miss the old AFC Central. Ravens, Steelers, Titans and Jags would have been a great division.

NFL should never have broken that one up.

Of course the Colts, Bengals, Browns and Texans would be a joke division.

As for the game, it will - as always - be a slobberknocker. Baltimore have something on us where we just play like crap but sometimes we pull it out, and sometimes the Ravens do.

2001 isn't now, anyone thinking about it needs to move on. Nothing in life is scripted, trends do not happen in sports and this game will not be a repeat of 2001, even if we lose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar