Head Coaching Search: Mike Smith

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ten_Titans, Dec 31, 2015.

?
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    78.4%
  3. Anyone but Chip Kelly

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I would take Smith in a heart beat. He was a good defensive coordinator for Jack Del Rio in Jacksonville. Matt Ryan became over rated playing for him.

Morons who don't want Smith would have also passed on Tom Coughlin in 2005.

He's not sexy, he's not some kid genius. He is just a solid coach who will likely have a decent defense, run the ball and provide a platform for our QB to succeed.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Smith had 5 straight winning seasons in which they averaged 11 wins a year. In his 7 seasons at Atlanta they averaged 9.4 wins a year.

In the 5 straight winning seasons they averaged 10th in total defense and were never ranked below 14th. If he has decent talent he will put a solid competitive defense on the field.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Mike Smith has a good track record, but there's something about his personality (as seen on Hard Knocks) that I just can't get behind. Much the same feeling I have about Philbin. They're just.. too mellow I guess.

4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Are you planning on going on a date with the next Titans next head coach? Who the hell cares what kind of personality the coach has? As long as they do their job and help build a winning team...

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Umm their personality has a huge impact on how players will perform under their leadership. What I'm saying is, I have a hard time seeing myself be motivated by Mike Smith and therefore I worry if other player would feel the same.

6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

He seemed to do fine in ATL..

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Are you retarded? You are holding this thread back.

How is a coach with 5 winning seasons out of 7 garbage? This from a fan of a team that is picking 1st. Pull your head out of your butt.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What are you talking about? He was 6-10 his last season in Atlanta a 6-10 season with the titans next year would make him a coach of the year candidate.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If somebody started a Kliff Kingsbury thread the same people who think Smith is garbage would be all for it. Oh yeah man young genius coach! Of course he loses 6 games a year at Texas Tech but he is brilliant and has personality!

Smith who has a better winning percentage in the nfl than Kingsbury has in college is called garbage.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I know what some of you guys are worried about. Smith would take this 2-14-3-13 trash team and win 8 games with them and we would lose our top pick in the draft.

You guys think that is the objective, to get a high pick! Smith is garbage! He won't get us the top pick!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar