Head Coaching Search: Mike Smith

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ten_Titans, Dec 31, 2015.

?
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    78.4%
  3. Anyone but Chip Kelly

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Ex-Atlanta Falcons coach Mike Smith won't let dismissal hold him down | FOX Sports

What say Gotitans?

He is one of those guys that was a good coach for a long time and couldn't get it done in the playoffs.

But, he brought Matt Ryan along well, who has arguably regressed in Smith's absence.

Seems like a guy who would come here with a plan, and could probably put together a better staff than Gase, Jackson, and Kelly.

2. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

Nah.

I think you gotta stay away from coaches who had god tier players. Makes it so hard to properly evaluate them. Without Julio, Roddy and Matt he wouldn't look that good.

Whiz is the perfect example of this. He was the GOAT coach with Warner, Fitz and Boldin.

As much as I don't want Kelly, he did far more with much less.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

Ooops meant to hit edit and it quoted for some reason.

4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

The only elite player you listed is Julio Jones, and he was not elite when Smith was winning 10+ for three years in a row.

Roddy White was good back then, but he wasn't so good that he can make an entire team look good.

Matt Ryan has never been a top 5 QB. But he was certainly better under Smith than he was this year.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Mike Smith was an awful coach. No.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I think we can do better

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

Throw out another name.

Harold Goodwin, Offensive Coordinator for the Arizona Cardinals.

1) He has worked under a good coach (Arians) for the last nine years, so he knows how to be successful in this league.

2) In 2012 the Cardinals offense ranked 32nd overall, in 2013 (his first year with them) the offense improved 20 spots to be ranked 12th in the league!

3) He was part of the first year of the Andrew Luck regime in Indianapolis, taking the Colts from 2-14 (2011) to 11-5 (2012).

4) He is a former offensive line coach so he knows how that needs to be run, and we all know we have major issues there.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. 615nick

615nick Starter

Heck no. Smith is garbage. He held atl back for years.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Smith is a dork, no one wants to play for a guy like that. This team needs a coach with some intensity.

And not Josh McDaniels type intensity, but an adult who doesn't put you to sleep when he speaks.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

I have to ask the question again...I don't want Smith but who is holding them back this year? And maybe Matt Ryan should get the finger pointed at him.

Maybe just maybe Ryan isn't enough of a leader for the team. I think they lack serious direction and leadership and have for years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar