Head Coach thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Mike and Kyle Shanahan anyone? He did awfully well with Jake Plummer, could use Locker in a similar fashion.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

This all day. And if they were to go out and land Cutler, he would fit right in as well, but Shanahan has a lot of experience with QBs with Jakes skill set. They would have to find a back to run that zone scheme. We try it, but CJ doesnt fit that one cut and live with it style and to be honest, our O line doesnt execute it that well either. Give me the Shanahans, maybe they could lure Alex Gibbs back on staff to coach that o line (one of if not the best in the game) . This may also assist in keeping Jake upright. Now having said all that, I am not jumping up and down begging for this to happen, as I would love a David Shaw or someone like that to come, but despite this season in Washington, I dont think Shanahan would be a bad hire at all if it did happen. I know that may not be a popular move

3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

no to shanahan!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Told you it wouldnt be popular. lol I just look at a body of work. Believe me as a Broncos fan up until the Titans arrived, I know he didnt win a championship without QB named Elway. I do believe if Jake was the guy, he could get the best out of him. His situation in Washington is hot garbage between he and owner. As I said, he is far from my first choice, but I dont think it would be as bad as people think. You just gotta look beyond this past season to appreciate him.

5. Bostontitan

Bostontitan Starter

maybe shanny can get big AL back along with him ....:brow:

6. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Those two were pretty tight. lol

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Well, if Shanahan did arrive, we sure as hell wouldn't be spending any money on RB. With the offensive weapons we have and the creative way they get guys the ball, offensively it could be a perfect fit! Only question would be what he does with the defense. Bring over Wade Phillips to run the D?

8. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Dont know. That would mean converting to 3-4, not sure how I feel about that with our personnel. Dont know if he would keep Greg Williams,wouldnt have issue with that. If we were gonna convert though, not many more I would want more than Wade Phillips leading that charge.

9. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Mike Zimmer is my first choice. Cincy's d has been rock solid for years and he has that fire that Munchak doesn't bring.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Would love David Shaw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar