Head Coach thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We were 16th in scoring defense despite playing in a division with 2 of the worst offenses in the league.

We were 19th in scoring offense despite playing our 32 QB for the majority of games and having 2 rookies starting on the offensive line.

The notion that the defense is fine is wrong.

As for the Seahawks game we were in that game only because their kicker got hurt and we got a cheap TD on a FG attempt when normally we would have given up 3 points.

I know it shocks many fans to read this but the 4th quarter counts and you need a defense that can play all 4 quarters.

A coach like Quinn would improve our run defense in the 4th quarter. The seahawks have the best 4-3 run defense since the Ravens in 2000.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I definitely would rather Quinn.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Dan Quinn.

No poll?

4. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

AFC Championship, Super Bowl win and playoff win this year as OC. NFC Championship as head coach. No, he's not nearly as good as Munchak.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

As long as a defensive minded coach can hire and retain a good OC, I am totally cool with that. I would just hate to see us in the same boat as the Jets with a good defense on most years and a crap offense. It is hard to deny that our offense was totally inept during the Munch era.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Roethlisberger and Warner at their best can make somebody look really, really good.

Once you took Warner away... he looked like one of the worst coaches in history.. and his choices (if they were his choices) at QB without Warner were absolutely Horrible.. Max Hall, Kolb, Skelton, etc.

As a head coach candidate.. I definitely want somebody who can keep a team somewhat competitive after losing one key player. Nothing shows a coach's weakness better than taking away their star QB.

Belicheat still looked epically good with Matt Cassel. Wisenhunt looked like a joke without Warner.

I hope Wisenhunt knows that we have no Kurt Warner here, before he considers the job.

I will fully support KW if he gets the job here. 100 percent.. but I don't think his reputation is as sterling as it seems to other people in the media.

7. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

As long as a defensive minded coach can hire and retain a good OC, I am totally cool with that. I would just hate to see us in the same boat as the Jets with a good defense on most years and a crap offense. It is hard to deny that our offense was totally inept during the Munch era.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. KyTitansFan

Warner played a whole lot better after Whisenhunt came on board in Arizona. Just like Rivers did this year.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

He had a lot more to work with than locker has to offer, IMO.

I could see him running a team that looks a lot more like the kind that wasted Fitzgerald's talent, than the one that went to a Super Bowl with this current crop of players.

10. KyTitansFan

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 2m
    Can say that as of this hour, Chargers OC Ken Whisenhunt hasn't made a final decision on his future. Clearly, he's the big domino this week. These things can change quickly, and as most coaches in this type of spot do, Whisenhunt does have a staff in mind, wherever he lands.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar