Head Coach thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I'm pretty confident it will be one of those two guys. I think Whisenhunt is the safer pick. Quinn has that unknown factor going on, which could end up being a positive or a negative.

I'd rather have Whisenhunt.

2. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

Here's some potential staff members Whisenhunt could bring in to his new gig from a CBS report:

Whisenhunt thinks highly of several defensive coaches around the league who would be possibilities to join him as defensive coordinator, sources said, including Ravens secondary coach Teryl Austin, Steelers linebackers coach Keith Butler (the defensive coordinator in waiting in Pittsburgh) and former USC defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast, who worked with him in Arizona. Whisenhunt's former offensive line coach, Hall of Fame guard Russ Grimm, is available having not coached this season, and putting together an experienced staff does not appear to be a problem.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...-looking-like-an-eventual-head-coaching-match

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Buckeye Titan

Buckeye Titan Starter

Whisenhunt is the choice...two playoff appearances and a Super Bowl in a 5 year span for a franchise with a long history of losing. Ironically, Whisenhunt lost to the Steelers in the SB on a late TD...the Steelers HC job was his. Rooney was under a lot of pressure when he hired Tomlin over Whisenhunt....

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I'd rather have Whisenhunt because I like his previous HC experience, am confident he would put together a great staff (OC/DC), has a good track record with QBs Warner & Rivers, and went to a super bowl.

I won't be upset at Quinn though. Especially if Kyle Shanahan is his OC. Don't want Mularkey as OC though.

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Has mike shanahan been rehired?

7. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Ben Roethislberger to.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Made this for anyone thinking a post Super Bowl hire is a bad idea

postSBhires.jpg

#QuinnSweepstakes

9. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

How about Wiz for HC and Greg Williams as DC? If we get Quinn, Williams will be out, and we'll need a quality OC.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I do not think he has even been heard from. He could be in his closet swinging from the end of a rope for all we know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar