Head Coach thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

A defensive minded head coach could be more prone to hiring a top offensive coordinator than one of these offensive "gurus" we keep talking about. That being said, bring on Zimmer!

2. Rudad

Rudad Starter

The only thing is Webster has a history with Quinn. That maybe huge here. At least we not talking the same stuff with Munchack. Zimmer , Quinn, Roman, Bevell, bring it on. Don't want gruden.

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I think it is also worth noting that outside of his year with Farve in Minnesota Bevell has never had a top 10 offense. He runs an extremely run heavy system that only works when paired with an elite running back (i.e. Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch)

4. Rudad

Rudad Starter

I not against Quinn or Zimmer and they bring in good OC. Then get best of both worlds. I think important thing is get best coach wether offense or defense. We need some direction badly.

5. Rudad

Rudad Starter

And with Zimmer, Quinn, Roman, and Bevell. They are coordinators and not a position coach. I think that's a big deal.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It sincerely does for me. Caldwell was visibly incompetent. Dungy had to know, but let it slide because he liked him. Caldwell literally made some decisions, called some ridiculous timeouts to singlehandedly lose games for the Colts. He is, IMO, one of the worst head coaches in history, but his stats were padded by his time with Manning. Once Manning left, the bottom busted out like a week old, used paper cup

Dungy had to know that he was not fit to be a decision maker.

IMO, dungy is a bit overrated himself. If Manning can make Jim Caldwell look like a good coach for a year or two, he made an average to slightly above average Dungy look like a world beater.

7. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Again, I ask all of you to please keep this thread on topic.

The FSU-Auburn game and Loggains/Giants reports do not pertain to the topic of this thread. I've had to delete a bunch of comments related to those recently. Let's please stick to the subject matter.

Thanks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JerseyJef13

JerseyJef13 Starter

hardly post on here but visit frequently...

I would love to see the team bring in a guy like Zimmer. I really like what Ive seen of his personality and how the players seem to interact with him. I think he has a fiery attitude, the polar opposite of Munch, and would like to see what he can do if given the reigns.

If not Zimmer my second choices would be Quinn, Roman, Gruden and Bevell in that order.

Caldwell will interview to satisfy the "Rooney Rule" but I don't see him getting the gig. I definitely do not want Malarky...from what I've heard players don't care for the guy.

Anyone know what the deal is with Greg Williams? Is he out? haven't seen or read anything so apologies if I missed something somewhere.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. FireMedic34

FireMedic34 Camp Fodder

I agree with you on Zimmer, but I like the order of Roman, Bevell, Gruden then Quinn

10. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Thanks for posting again; please feel free to do so more frequently. :)

Gregg Williams' contract is expiring at the end of the NFL year. He has not been fired and the new coach, whomever that may be, will have the option to offer a contract renewal or to let his contract expire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar