Head Coach thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Actually it wasn't Green, it was Jones. Unless we're talking about different plays. I'm talking about the 4 and 3 from the SD 41 yard line.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

My bad. It makes Dalton's decision or Gruden's call even more puzzling.

Lots of people questioning Gruden today though. I'd like Zimmer before Gruden.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Hopefully Norv Turner OC and Wade Phillips DC. FTW!

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

As long as their ever become HC I am cool :p

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I'm not high on Gruden but think he'll go to Washington anyway. I like Whisenhunt but think he ends up in Detroit. I'd prefer Whisenhunt to Gruden.

I like Zimmer but I agree his attitude concerns me a bit. He may be a little too fiery. Guys can turn on him quickly. If we hire him, I'll support him and have confidence in him, but it ain't 100%.

NO NO NO to Franklin. I'm concerned this is more than just fulfilling the Rooney rule; if so, why not just interview a guy already in the league?

Have we actually asked to interview Quinn or Bevell yet? Doesn't appear so. Bevell is my guy.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'm not as big on Jay as Zimmer. When Marvin brought Jay in most fans were like "Gruden has a brother?". Within a year his name was coming up in HC candidacy topics like crazy. I can only assume it was because of his last name cuz he hadn't done a whole lot in that first year.

The Bengals have surrounded Dalton with talent and once every four games like clockwork they look overwhelmed. The Oline was getting destroyed by SD in the playoff game so everything melted down from there. Jay couldn't adjust them out of the rut. That's a concern..

That said, Cinci, up until the last two years has looked as predictable and boring as The Titans always do - but recently they started showing some ingenuity ala the old Sam Wyche day.
    But again, adjusting trumps trick plays.

I think Jay Gruden might attract assistants and players but I don't know that it would be the culture change the like of Zimmer.

So yeah, probably better than Munchak but not a slam dunk..

7. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Geoff Hobson@GeoffHobsonCin 3m
    Zimmer confirms multiple intrest, interviews later in week

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

When has there ever been an instance of players turning on Zimmer.
    When he came to Cincy from Dallas a bunch of Cowboy players wanted to come with...

From Dallas to Cincy...

9. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar