Head Coach openings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ontario Titan, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

I am wondering if O'Brien isn't trying a Marrone. Thinking he can leave his current job and end up in a better spot; such as Denver.

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Houston would be ludicrous to fire O'Brien who keeps winning the division with the joke of a QB carousel they've provided him with.

Now maybe O'Brien thinks he can get a better job. Denver or SD? Heck, he may be right.

3. kenny

kenny Starter

I think you are right they would be stupid to fire a HC that continually wins the division with crap QBs. However, he does seem to cycle through them..... Like he did with Hoyer and others a couple of years ago. One started then the next. No one on the team ever knew who the QB would be on Sunday. That's got to be hard on the offensive players; especially oline & WRs. Not great for a QB's confidence as well. I guess if they played well they wouldn't have to worry about it.

Makes you wonder how well he gets along with the GM though. They never seem to be on the same page about the starting QB.........

And like you said, it may be O'Brien wanting out of QB hell. At least Denver or SD offer some hope at QB. Houston really has a bad situation going on at QB. It seems that way right now anyway.

4. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I'm not arguing against your point but he's also the guy who got his QB injured running a QB sneak on a 4th down in a meaningless game for them.

5. LangeSohne

LangeSohne Starter

I think the chargers opening is the most attractive. No one else has an established franchise QB. Add the sunny weather and it's a no brainer.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JBC

JBC Starter

I think you are right, however, the Broncos will be the most attractive team with Romo as their qb. I will be surprised if Elway doesn't get him signed. Whoever gets the Broncos job should make retaining Phillips as the DC a priority.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Valentino Blake and Brice McCain as his top dbs.

Gotcha.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

SD #2 even though theyre eventually moving the team?

9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I would disagree.

Honestly, I would have jax as the number one or number two job.

They have talent there. And as we know, the division ain't exactly murderers row.

They need a qb. And have a top five pick.

Denver needs a qb, with no real odds of getting one any time soon.

SD isn't a good team, has a qb on his last ride, and plays in perhaps toughest division in football.

Bills... meh. Doomed to futility forever.

Niners... horrible roster. Long term rebuild.

La... toxic job. **** offense. No draft picks to get a qb. New city that doesn't really support you.

That job is a career killer.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Denver has an old and expensive roster. Plus you have a lot to live up to, not sure that is the best job. Jacksonville may be the best job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar