HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Puck, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

sorry not all of us crap out money every time we visit the toilet.

:rolleyes:

2. Silly Gunny... in America money grows on trees...

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Apparently HD-DVD Player manufacturers have slashed their prices again in attempt to get things going, but with only 2 studios now supporting the format, it may just be desperation. Can't blame them for the move though.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Gunny is fanboy defined. lol I'm thinking of getting a ps3 if my 360 messes up again. Maybe even if it doesn't. 360 for games, and the ps3 for 1 or 2 games and the extras.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

there were reports that alot of the HD-DVD players that were sold on Black Friday were beginning to be returned after the Warner announcement

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Gunny is correct defined.

I haven't been wrong about anything.

Blu Ray won which I said it would.
    PS3 is beating the 360 everywhere but NA and has sold more than the 360 did at the same stage, even without it's major exclusive coming out.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What is Black Friday?

8. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

The day after Thanksgiving in the US. Traditionally the busiest sales day of the year.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Blu Ray is winning, but it's still nothing. That's sort of like saying mini-disc outsold it's competitor. May have, but when there are only 20 people in the market, eh.
    PS3 is outselling the 360? Due to Japan, I guess? Nobody I know has one. Well, i know one kid. But he bought a wii first, so that should tell you all you need to know about him.
    That's one of the main reason's I'm holding out on buying one. I know at least 20 personal friends with a 360. I know 1 guy with a ps3. And he never plays it.

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Each platform will have its die-hards, however I do believe Blu-Ray will win out ultimately and I believe Sony's incorporation of the Blu-Ray drive as a core component of the PS3 has played well in that effort. I know a lot of people love their HD-DVD players but ultimately only one format will survive.

Toshiba's recent further price cuts on their players is a sign of the desperation they are beginning to feel. It was quite the shock for them to have to cancel their press conference at CES.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar