Haynesworth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tom Foolery, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Anybody remember Christian Laettner doing this too.

2. http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/TEN/9697978

This article gives a basic insight into what happened, Its funny how it says ''and the player walked off the field after talking briefly with Titans coach Jeff Fisher''...

3. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

anything less than an eight game suspension would be awful in my opinion. It makes rob reynolds choking that qb in the college game look like a class act and thats hard to do........

as for albert being contrite later on.......that brings back too many memories of having to read of mice and men in jr high english class.......

4. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

I think "could have killed that guy" is taking it a little far dont you???
    I'm not condoning what he did but he didn't hit him with a car, it was stiches not surgery so lets keep a little perspective... now in saying that it's absolutely disgusting to see... as for fisher being an innocent bystander do you think he told him to stomp on his face?!? give me a break with the fisher bashing for one thread seriously, was it your moms fault if you stole penny candy or broke a window?? no.... is she responsible for it yes... I think it's the same type of situation Hayes lost his head and F%$#ed up BIGTIME no excuse for it......

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Gift for Albert...

[​IMG]

6. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

the quote from fisher on NFL Live report was that "If He(fisher) didn't think the actions taken by the league are appropriate that he will take the action into his hands to discipline Hayesworth the way he feels SHOULD be taken..."
    the official word was 32 stiches above and a few below his eye...

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Haynesworth needs to sit out minimum 8-10 games for that. If I were Fisher, I would make a statement, regardless of league intervention; you don't get to play, at all, until you can prove you ain't gonna go psycho out there.

8. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

It's all been said already, but I hope to never see that POS in a Titan uniform ever again ... EVER!

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Hansworth after the game...

Haynsworth on his hit on Andre Gurode

"First thing I’d like to say is, nobody told me what to say. Nobody coached me on my statement or anything like that. It’s all coming from me. What I’d like to say is I’m very sorry. I apologize to Andre. What I did was disgusting. It’s something that should never happen. I mean I’m not a dirty player. I don’t play dirty. I have respect for the game. What I feel like is I disgraced the game, disgraced my team and disgraced my last name. I just don’t know what else to say to apologize. When I was sitting in here in the locker room when the game was going on, I was looking at my phone, which has my kids on it. I don’t want them to have my last name and to think their Dad was a dirty player because I don’t play that way. I play with a lot of heart. What I did out there was disgusting. It doesn’t matter what the league does to me. The way I feel right now, you just can’t describe it."

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

This whole issue here with Haynesworth... avvie was asking about Titans Radio... he spoke to the media. He faced the music. He expressed shame, remorse, regret, etc... he said he embarrassed his family. He could have run out the door, but instead he spoke. That says something. It's a bad situation. Albert agrees with all of you that his actions were indefensible. I'm just going to forget about it and move on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar