Haynesworth Will Not Participate in Titans OTA

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans DT Albert Haynesworth decided he will not participate in the team's OTA beginning this Thursday at Baptist Sports Park. Haynesworth was given the franchise tag this off-season but has yet to sign his one-year tender offer. The Titans have until July 15th to work out a long-term deal with Haynesworth, who has said he wants to remain a Titan. "I'm not really worried about it, I guess I'll have a job next year," Haynesworth said. "Hopefully we can work something out long-term so I can stay here." Haynesworth was selected as an All-Pro and to the Pro Bowl after last season, in which he was a key cog in the Titans’ No. 5-ranked defense. WR Roydell Williams will not participate in OTAs as he is still recovering from a broken ankle suffered in Janauary.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

what a shock.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

One thing I think is wrong in that article is that it implies that the Titans can't franchise Albert in '09 and beyond.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

they could, but it seems like the new thing in the league with the franchise tag is for the player to sign one that says the team can't tag them the next off-season.

i know lance briggs and asante samuel each did that last year.

5. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

This is a great sign

6. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Haynesworth won't be attending Titans' minicamp

The Tennessee Titans will be holding a minicamp without defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth. ...more

[​IMG]

7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

For someone as injury prone as Al, I don't see the harm in not being out there 4 months before the season starts

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

we need to get this guy long term

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I dont think hes too happy, not good

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

We all knew this was coming. Nothing to panic over. This is typical franchise tag stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar