Haynesworth Wants Titans to Trade for WR

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not with high picks. I mean who is the highest pick on our roster at WR? Jones at 3?

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]
    not me!!

3. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

But what if the excuse next year is the same as this year (that's there's nobody worth the value at that pick)? Even if they're right and there's nobody there, the result is the same.

But you give us Roy Williams/Anquan Boldin and everyone will immediately get excited, and I think it would take the year to another level, regardless of who's at qb.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Maybe, maybe not. But wasting it on a test drive is highly risky (not with Boldin obviously but Williams).
    I'd rather a second on a guy who will most likely contribute at any position rather then giving a guy 10 games to prove himself in a new offense that isn't pass friendly.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Ha! This is incredibly off base. Anyone can see that Williams does NOT want to be a lion. The lions aren't happy with him either. They also aren't going to announce that he's on the trading block, it would kill any leverage that they had.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I TOTALLY AGREE with Gunny on this point, at least. While a second rounder is a deal to get a good WR, it's stupid if it's only for one season. The "test drive" idea is stupid because if we wait that long, the WR will want to test the market and we'll get outbid.

7. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Just to throw in a quick jab, I dont see any of those teams giving up X WR just for a 2nd rd pick to Tenn. All those teams know that we are one true #1 WR away from being an absolute force in the playoffs, they certainly would try to swindle us on a deal. And at the pace the Titans are going, that 2nd round pick will be very late in the round.....quite possibly the last pick ha ha ha :grrhee::grrhee::grrhee:

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We're just a quality WR away. It doesn't have to be a big name but someone that can make an impact on the team.

9. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

Really good point, our young guys have noone to learn from really, mcariens has the most experience but he was never anything more then a low end #2. We need a big time WR every team that wins has one. We have the keys to winning. Great Defense. Great Running game, now we need a good WR to guarentee a win.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Does anyone know how many dropped passes we have this season? I know Gage has around 5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar