Haynesworth (trade rumors, etc.)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

It's fairly easy to stay injury-free when not playing. Unless you're an idiot kicker.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The Skins are not gonna give him away...he's 2 years removed from being arguably the best defensive player in the league. You think they're gonna spend $21mil and give him up for a 3rd and a 5th?

I think a better concept for both parties would be to move players that neither really wants but the other could use. We could get AH and they could get something like Scaife, Haye, 3rd+5th rnd picks, and 10mil back in cash.

Gut

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

who got injured kicking an idiot?

5. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

Yeah I think the Skins will want some of that money returned to them. 10m sounds fair. Maybe the Titans can pay 5 and Albert can match? LOL
    I hope we get him back. Can you imagine if he were to return, and managed to sign KBull as well?
    We could use our draft pick to grab Spiller!!! (sorry but just have to keep throwing it out there) :)
    I agree with GoT, Synder would probably make a move if we can throw a big name out there. I think the Skin's are looking for a WR; Kevin Dyson mr. snyder?

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

"The Titans and Rams are believed to be in pursuit of Haynesworth. "
    "and Washington's confirmed interest in Adam Carriker. Carriker would be a perfect fit at end in the Redskins' new 3-4."

So the Rams have a guy the Skins would love to have, only thing TN has going for them is that Haynesworth knows everything we do. But does Haynesworth get a say in where he goes?

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Skins have way too much money tied up in Haynesworth to trade him for anything less than a package of high draft picks or a top player and they'll get neither as long as Al Davis remains asleep.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

They do have a lot tied up in him but Haynesworth really sounded dejected about the 3-4 scheme in that Sirius interview. He continually referenced how Washburn coached him, how the Titans scheme suited him better etc. It came across as unprofessional on Haynesworth's part.

Haynesworth got his chunk of change. I don't think he will play quality ball for the Redskins. McNabb coming may inspire him that he has a real shot with a ring, but I don't think it will be long before Shanahan requests he be moved.

I'd take his contract but I wouldn't give up more than a third round and one of our replaceable starters for him. His motivation is and always has been the question mark.

10. ohsfball9109

ohsfball9109 Rookie

The Titans in no way need to trade anything away to get Haynesworth! He's not worth all the trouble that comes with him. He's a very lazy player (and that was before he got the payday of the century) Yeah Haynesworth clogged up the hole one out of three downs but on the other two plays he was garbage!
    We just need to have faith in our younger guys give them time to develop under Washburn (best d-line coach in the league) also our biggest problem on defense was not our line... It was our corners. We cant rely on two late draft picks to come in and cover Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, and Moss.
    We need to focus on other needs instead of getting Fat Al back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar