Haynesworth (trade rumors, etc.)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

GMs? Does Dan Snyder ever listen to GMs?

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Well they shouldn't of switched to a 3-4.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

The thing is, the Eagles reportedly declined on Haynesworth without talking about the money. The Skins already paid him a $21 million bonus earlier this month. The Eagles might not have had to give that money back, and the Skins might have been willing to let it go in an uncapped year. Maybe the Eagles assumed money would be an issue in further talks, or maybe they assumed he'd still be an over-paid lump that causes problems with the rest of the team.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

looking forward to the Bang! cartoon

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Fat Al has about 40-ish million in guaranteed money. He has received a big chunk of that, but an eventual trade partner would be owing him a lot of money. And, he wasn't all that flashy last year - but we all knew that would happen.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Dan Snyder IS the GM.

Just like Jerry Jones.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Haynesworth didn't have a terrible year and is still one of if not the best DT in the NFL. I'd take him back in a heart beat if it was possible. He hated the Skins scheme so he has incentive to play for the Titans. If it was all about money before that isn't an issue anymore. Offer the Skins a draft pick and see what happens.

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I heard an interview with AH on Sirius. He referenced getting back to the basics (skills) he learned while under Washburn's tutelage when a Titan at least 5 times. He sounded despondent about the 3-4 scheme.

He didn't play that bad last year. I don't read too much in the Skins trying to trade him. There is a new coaching staff this year that want to take things in a different direction than last year's coaching staff did. I think their trade attempt is more a reflection of that than some "organizational regret" about their FA acquisition.

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

If any team acquired him, it would essentially be a for three year contract. The poison pill year is in 2013.

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Last offseason AH became the most overrated player in the league. He overestimated his value to the Titans. The Redskins overestimated his value to their team.

But that doesn't change the fact that he's one of the best DTs in the game. He's not an entire defense. He's not going to carry a team to the SB. He's not the guy everyone wants in the locker room. But he doesn't need to be, he's a great DT and I'd be happy if we worked out some deal to get him back. I don't see it happening, though. We don't have much to offer trade-wise. I think AH burned the bridge with Fisher when he left. And I think Wash is probably pretty confident in his ability to turn Jones, Brown & Co. into a quality line.

Still is funny the Skins are trying to offload him, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar