Haynesworth (trade rumors, etc.)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Haynesworth seems like a petulant child who would not try just to be spiteful.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Shanahan said this was all speculation. Besides it'll be more exciting to build our Defense in the draft than to bring a guy in who we done had and has already his his peak. Haynesworth isnt going to get better, he is going to have burst of good play but he isnt what we need down the road. lets go to a young guy in the draft.

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Forget AH. My heart goes out to the Redskins fans. They don't need to get rid of AH, or bring in McNabb. What they need to do is get rid of Snider, Sneder, Snooder ...whatever! How did that idiot become a millionaire? He had to inherit it. My 6 year old daughter makes better decisions. He needs to turn football matters over to someone with an IQ of atleast 12.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i think deep down all of us rather see the dumb Redskins fail with Haynesworth than to have him come back here and be half of what he was.

5. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Half of what he was is better than most of what we had last year.

Do we need him back? Yes

Do I care about the Redskins at all? NO

Does he need to play his peak level as before? NO.

We need him back bad but only if it figures he's still got 3-4 seasons playing at an above average level. He doesn't need to be 07-08 level.

6. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

People make his season in Washington sound horrible and yes given the money spent it may have been, but statistic wise he wasn't that far off of his previous two years. Which were by all accounts his best.

07 Started 12 games, had 40 tackles and 6 sacks.
    08 Started 14 games, had 51 tackles and 8.5 sacks.
    09 Started 12 games, had 37 tackles and 4 sacks.

So 09 wasn't a great year especially considering the money that was spent on him but it wasn't bad.

And with AH it's not necessarily his stats but what he does for his line mates. Laboy, Odom,KVB all got paydays because of him. Look what he did for Orakpo.

If we got him at a reasonable contract ( for his ability ) this would be a good year for us. Even starting 12 games he's up there with the rest of the DT in the league.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The downside of trading for AH is that so far in the NFL, he's only produced bigtime when he's playing for a contract. He's no longer playing for a contract so we can't expect his play to be of his best quality.

He's also not young and not small. Players who are over 340lbs on the DL don't usually play at a very high level past 30 and certaintly not at a DPOY level. And we know that as players hit 30, especially bigger players, they tend to become more injury prone.

This makes trading a 1st rnd pick for him not a smart idea. Even a 2nd rnd pick has a likely higher value.

The upside is that we could aquire one of the best defensive players in the NFL and we already know he can dominate in our scheme.

Offer a 3rd rnd pick this year plus Marks (who'll allow them to save face as he was a 2nd rnd pick) who could be a good young DE in their 3-4. I would go as high as adding a 4th in 2011 but that's about it. AH doesn't sound like he's gonna give them his best play while he's unhappy and he's exactly the kind of player Shanahan DOESN'T want on the team. It is a bit of a game of chicken.

Adding AH would not deter me from taking a dominant DE in rnd 1. We could have a much BETTER DL with a top notch DE prospect combined with Brown and the best of Ford/Hayes.....but we would have more freedom to take the best player available or...trade down and recoup another pick. Imagine getting AH for a 3rd, trading down in rnd 1 and aquiring a 2nd...then drafting CB Wilson and DE Graham or some combo of excellent players?

Gut

8. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Amen, great post Gut!

Trading down in round 1 and pick up a second-draft could look like this

Albert
    rd1=Wilson CB
    rd2= Hughes DE
    rd3= Spikes LB

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

how would we get a 2nd rounder and not use it to get albert haynesworth?

this ain't madden..

10. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

i'm aware this isnt madden dude

if redskins are shopping him, 3rd rounder this year + nxt years 3rd rounder.

good offer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar