Haynesworth to test free-agent market

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Daves not here, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

why do I get the feeling that i'm going to hate bigtitans sig for a couple of months?

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

If the reported offer of $36Mill over four is for guaranteed money it's not a low ball offer.

Jared Allen's 6 year deal for $74mill only includes guarantees of $32mill.

Don't be so hasty to say we haven't given him a good offer. $9mill a year is big money.Allen will be lucky to earn $40mill over 6 years.

Most of the record breaking deals we hear about include big chunks of money that will never be earned.

3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

• 6 years, 60M
      [+]30M signing bonus​
      [+]base salary of total ~15M​
      [+]15M in likely-to-be-earned incentives like pro bowl, playoffs​
    • Add to that an extra 2M for each year he plays in every regular season game (so far it has only happened in his rookie season)
    Total 6 years, 72M / 12M a year.

You could lower the signing bonus with 6M and make it 3M a year if he plays the full season, but he knows as well as we do, that he's not durable for the entire season :grrhee:

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

They say Tampa Bay Bucs are going to be a serious contender to land Hanesworth. i rather him walk than to sign him for 70+ Million.

Hayes, Tony Brown and Jason Jones will have to step up. lets spend the $ on Offense.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

First of all, does anyone seriously think the Titans have given Haynesworth their best offer with a full week remaining before free agency? I fully expect they know what their highest offer will be and he won't see it until the 25th or 26th.

Second, what possible incentive does Haynesworth have accepting a deal before free agency? What risk is there for him to go out and see what other teams offer? There's none. Zippo. He holds all the cards.

The only minor risk for AH would be if the Titans turn around in the first week of free agency and sign another DT before AH signs somewhere and that won't happen. Most likely, I think the Titans hope AH's agent gives them the opportunity for one last offer before he accepts something elsewhere. They should get a pretty good idea just what that will need to be by 12:30 a.m. on the 27th.

We're not seeing top free agent talent being signed right now because 95% of them know the grass will be greener elsewhere. Teams have no leverage.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Well now that we know Albert has spent his last days in TN, we might as well start looking for his replacement and depth for the D-line. Here are some potentional DT that will be available:

Kenderick Allen UFA Vikings
    Jonathan Babineaux UFA Falcons
    Rocky Bernard UFA Seahawks
    Shaun Cody UFA Lions
    Colin Cole UFA Packers
    Damane Duckett UFA 49ers
    Dwan Edwards UFA Ravens
    Fred Evans RFA Vikings
    Gary Gibson RFA Panthers
    La’Roi Glover UFA Rams
    Kedric Golston RFA Redskins
    Howard Green UFA Seahawks
    Jovan Haye UFA Buccaneers
    Albert Haynesworth UFA Titans :wave2:
    Grady Jackson UFA Falcons
    Jason Jefferson UFA Falcons
    Tank Johnson UFA Cowboys
    William Joseph UFA Raiders
    Jimmy Kennedy UFA Jaguars
    Antwan Lake UFA Saints
    Brandon McKinney RFA Ravens
    Anthony Montgomery RFA Redskins
    Kenny Peterson UFA Broncos
    James Reed UFA Saints
    Darrell Reid UFA Colts
    Ryan Sims UFA Buccaneers
    Kenny Smith UFA Patriots
    Montavious Stanley RFA Saints
    John Thornton UFA Bengals
    Kevin Vickerson RFA Titans
    Darwin Walker UFA Panthers
    Gabe Watson RFA Cardinals
    Mike Wright UFA Patriots
    Ellis Wyms UFA Vikings
    Jeff Zgonina UFA Texans

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Anybody else (including Albert) think he will be as good under a coach other than Washburn. I'd have Kearse speak to AH about that.

8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

You can add Dewayne Robertson to that list.

I think Jonathan Babineaux has played decent the times I've seen the Falcons. He might be an option.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I don't know how accurate the rest of your list is but we extended Vickerson's contract through 09.

10. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

With Kearse. Were you a Titans fan then? So sorry. Do you not remember losing McNair due to contract #'s? :rolleyes:

33 million for the face of the franchise Vs 5 million for the kicker. I think Haynesworth is worth 28 million more than the kicker. I think Haynesworth is worth more than Jared stupid Allen.

Are we NOT a class organization? Can we not compete with the Minnesota Vikings? :suspect: Especially when we have ALL THAT MONEY.

It's not your money. It's not my money ... it's THEIRS. They already said they can afford him. We know they have it? What's the problem?

Hence, it's happening again. :rolleyes:

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar