Haynesworth to test free-agent market

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Daves not here, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you know what just hit me? we gave more to roos and stewart last year...

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I don't know. I keep going back to the Steelers game and how we completely dominated their offensive line without Haynesworth. And they were the eventual Super Bowl champs. I want him to stay, but there's a little part of me that thinks that as soon as he gets paid, Albert is going to go back to being lazy, taking plays off, and having to be scraped off the field at least four times a game. He's only produced at this level for two seasons, both contract seasons. And he's only three years removed from almost blinding a dude with the bottom of his cleat.

3. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Very debatable, yes. Lesse, Titans break the bank to sign AH.......maybe $13-14M? More? $35-40M guaranteed? Dude has had 2 out of 6 good seasons and never played all 16 games. Yep, he's replaceable. I think we can find someone for quite a bit less who can do a similar job for 1/2 that.....We have the rest of the pieces.....In this D, one piece can be replaced. After all, we weren't #1, were we, Pittsburgh was.

I rather see them put money to the offense.

4. Fry

you know the steelers had over 400 yards in that game, right? the only other team to have over 400 yards against us was the jets.

5. Fry

that's not going to happen.

6. Chapparal97

And you are gonna live by what Khuarsky writes? Pleeeeze.

7. Chapparal97

Lord help the Titans if they manage by what ESPN bloggers say to do.

8. Fry

live by it? no. do i believe he has sources inside the organization that tell him how things are going? yes.

two weeks ago john clayton said the titans and haynesworth were on two different wave lengths. now kuharsky confirms it.

two different sources saying the same thing, three if you count adam schefter.

9. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I also realize that we had five sacks, five forced fumbles, to go along with two interceptions almost entirely due to the pressure we had against Roethlisberger playing without both Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Bottom Line...
    I'm baffled, (if this story is true), why we would even OFFER such a lowball deal. It was guaranteed AH would scoff at that.

Almost like we are trying to say... don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar