Haynesworth to test free-agent market

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Daves not here, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

Come on! I think Haynesworth is worth more than $9 million a year. Did they really expect him to sign a contract like that? That is gay

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Similar results? That's debatable. Rookies do bust so you can't say it will get us similar results. Besides I don't want to trade up for anyone in this draft, we don't need to.

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I have to agree...the offer they made him was one they knew he would not take. I have no idea what paying him 13M a year would do to our cap situation, but I am guessing like other DT/DE in recent years he too will go play for someone else.

Better start getting used to the idea just in case it happens.

4. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

AH might be replacable, but the offer we made is insultingly low. If you don't want to offer top NFL defensive player, at least offer 10-11mil a year for 4-5 years.... The offer that was made wasn't even really a raise, especially if broken down over 4 years. That's pathetic.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you want to talk about an insulting offer...

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Wow, MR, just wow, idk what to think if we dont resign him

7. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Hmmmmm.....Do you work in the Titan's FO or Al's agent? Do you really know what was offered?? Terms?

Please give details..........No one seems to know yet. All anyone knows is that the team and Al are apart on Money. I'm curious though, what do you know that no one else does?

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I know people have gone over this over and over again, but if we let go of Haynesworth, and don't sign some key players/free agents, we are in DEEP trouble. I know i'm captain obvious right now, but if we don't re-sign Collins, we're screwed. I don't see another QB that can come in here and do what he did. I'm not a Vince fan, and i'm not a Simms fan. Collins showed that he can manage a team, and without many weapons.

Lets fetch him some weapons so we can get that MFING TROPHY!!!!!!!!!

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"I'm confused as to why the Titans would put forth such an insulting offer -- in the four-year, $36 million range. They may not value Haynesworth near what he values himself, but they know the range he's looking for, and they know their numbers aren't close."

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth...deal-with-Bironas--gulf-with-Haynesworth.html

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Death of A Franchise

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar