Haynesworth playing Sunday or not?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chem, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chem

Chem Camp Fodder

He's questionable on the injury report. Anyone see the last practice? Did he participate? How did he look?

Also relevant: he has to reach certain incentives in order to be guaranteed not to be franchise tagged next year. Does that affect this decision?

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Wow excellent point. I think it would effect his incentives if he didn't start, but I don't remember exactly.

After a win over a division opponent last week, I say don't start him. See how we will do without him. DEFINATELY if it gives us the opportunity to franchise him again.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

From Fisher's report yesterday, it sounded like he'll play.

It would impact his incentives if he doesn't.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

he'll play...

5. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

As much as I believe it's important to ensure good contracts from a team standpoint for all players, I also think it's important to reward dominant play. Al is the kind of player who makes everyone else around him better. I hope we can keep him happy with a big payday, and that he continues to offer 2007 type of play alongside KVB for several more years.

In short, lets not play games with him, let's lock him down if he proves he's worth it this year.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Exactly. If we don't shell out some break for Big Al someone else (Jacksonville?) absolutely will.

7. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I think he has to play 50% of the teams defensive snaps. That is one way he can avoid the franchise tag.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

But if we franchise him again, no one else can do that. Right?

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

questionable most always means "he'll play".

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lol @ it only being week 2 and we're wondering if Albert will play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar