Haynesworth now an unwanted man

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Record, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Article Link

"If it was all about scheme for Haynesworth, he should have never left Tennessee. If it was about money and playing in a bigger market, he should cash his checks and do his job."

QFT

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

With this Haynesworth situation I like that (1) no one else is stepping up with offers, (2) Washington acquired several new D-lineman, (3) we didn't draft any DT's, (4) he's no longer money hungry, and (5) that every creditable source has only the Titans still in the mix.

I'm not holding my breath, but it would seem that he's still an option for us.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. amy

amy Starter

I'm wondering if he is having trouble with his joints, because he is a big guy, carrying around a lot of weight. The older you get, the less weight you should carry for that very reason. His opposition to the new scheme and other issues could be a mask for ill health that he won't admit to. just a thought

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm with you on this JC, I'm not giving up hope on his return just yet. I think he's still available up until the season starts. I don't care what anybody says, I want this guy back badly. Our D is totally legit again with him back in the middle.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The same two here pining away for Fat Albert. At this point I don't see him going anywhere this season.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

That article reeks of stupidity. First, the Titans never made a "lavish" bid for Haynesworth. Second, Haynesworth is coveted by many teams. He may have his issues, but he could still upgrade most lines in the NFL. I'm sure the Titans aren't the only team waiting for the Redskins to say, "Hey, we made a mistake, now we're giving him away". Fat chance of that happening, but if it did there would be a lot of suitors. Furthermore, the Redskins weren't "willing to give him $21 million to go away". Whether they still want him or not, they are invested in him and had to pay him that to hold on to their investment. If they just wanted him to go away, they would have saved their $21 million and cut him. In the eyes of the Redskins, he is a headache, but he is also just one injury plagued season (every season for Haynesworth, but the turd has to be polished) removed from his monster season, and he's either going to turn it back around and dominate again or they are going to get tremendous compensation in a trade. That's where they are at this point.

If Haynesworth wanted it to happen, it could happen. It would be easy too. All he would have to do is utter the words, "I want to be traded back to Tennessee". Fisher would soil his shorts. The Redskins would be pigeonholed into trading him for whatever they could get. Don't look for it to happen. Haynesworth got what he was he after, and it isn't glory.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

amy, thought noted.
    Creeping-Crud, no one is pining for anyone so stop picking your nose.
    & Psychop1, is $30M+ not "lavish"?

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I don't really give a s..+ what anybody says, I want this guy back and won't be shy about it. We will still be good if we don't bring him back but we'll be great if we do bring him back.

It is that simple in my eyes. Again, I just might be crazy but I want AH back.

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Does it even match the guaranteed portion of his contract from the Skins? No, not lavish.

Of course, that was after the '07 season. To my knowledge, the Titans didn't even make an offer after the '08 season.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It was only 2 million off of what Al was asking for, so it was a pretty good offer at the time. And yes, it was in the summer of 2008.

That being said, I don't want him back. I don't think he'll ever really give it his all again, and he isn't worth the money for 70% effort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar