Haynesworth Hopeful for Deal Before Training Camp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Albert Haynesworth remains optimistic that he and the Tennessee Titans will iron out a deal before the start of training camp on July 25. Though he does not appear likely to sign his $7.25 million franchise tender any time soon, he would like to be with his teammates. "It's going to be key for me to be there and to work out," Haynesworth said. "Hopefully all this stuff works out. I've always said I wanted to be a Titan, that hasn't changed. That's what we are looking for." Haynesworth, who was taken in the first round of the 2002 draft, wants to remain a Titan. "I consider myself a Tennessean," he said. "I've been here since '99 almost going on 10 years. So I can't really imagine myself in anything other than Titans blue."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I'm hopeful as well. I'm just don't think it will happen.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

just remember Albert, you've been inconsistent and a malcontent
    and you've yet to start or be available for all 16 games in a season
    don't go overestimating your value just because you had a good year

p.s. you've been here since 2002

4. vslyke

He had a great year last year. He had good years before that. And he's only had that one incident. Ugly as that was, he's no PacMan.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^he's had a couple more incidents as a titan and at least 1 other in college. He's right on with pacman, he just lacks the "so what?" attitude, so people are far more forgiving of Albert.
    Personally, I couldn't care less. Give me a team full of face stompers and Kellen Winslow punchers.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

One thing's for sure there's 20 other teams drooling over the thought of way overpaying this face-stomping bad guy...

7. vslyke

I don't remember those. Maybe they were minor, or maybe it proves your point, but I do not remember anything important.

BTW, nice sig.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Well, one of those cases may have not been legit. But then again, a few of Pacman's may not have been legit either, but everyone latched on to them.

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Great negotiating points..
    ps.. he has been a Tennessean since 1999. He was at Knoxville prior to being drafted by the Titans.

10. Audioman

Audioman Camp Fodder

Pitbull beat me to it. I got to get up earlier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar