Haynesworth Critical of Titans' Slow Start in Free Agency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Albert Haynesworth spoke out today on the Titans' lack of aggression so far in free agency. 'It’s like a repeat of last year, that’s what I see," Haynesworth said. 'We need more weapons for Vince (Young). Now we need more defensive linemen. We are not doing anything. We are really just making ourselves worse the way I look at it. … It doesn’t look like we’re trying to get better." The Titans entered free agency between $25 and $28 million under the salary cap and have only signed Alge Crumpler so far. "Alge is a great addition, but we have all this money and we’ve already let some of the best receivers out there go to other places," Haynesworth said. "I don’t know what we are doing, I really don’t. Saving this money doesn’t add over to next year."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Smart move by someone who is wanting to get paid by the same people he's being critical of, eh?

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Al sounds like 80% of the people on this board. I'll give the same advice. Let MR do his job! Their are still plenty of players out their. Who says were not about to sign someone right now.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think it gives us a good look into how the players feel about our inactivity.

5. dgood

dgood Guest

I agree with Haynesworth. We lost our chance at any good receiver as they are all gone. Now, if we want a talented receiver, we will have to trade for them. Good going Mike, pack your bags now and get out of Tennessee.

6. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Yeah plenty of garbage players are left, I'm so excited..

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

...generally u hv to hv ppl come visit first...

sure the titans are interested in gettin WRs...but i dont think we hv actauly lined any of the reminging good ones for visits.....out of the remaining like i've said thousand times b4...we need to be lookin at jonhson/walker/D.j. we need to get em in for visits to try to sign em.

im also c-in rumors bout chad to the raiders...we need to get in on that n c wuts up

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Albert angry!

Albert SMASH!

9. ShamH85

ShamH85 Practice Squad

Albert is the MAN!!! Da Beast From the Mid East, he never holds back and speaks his mind. Lock AH with a 7year 61million dollar deal now! Give him that bonus he's been drooling for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar