Haynesworth Agent Doesn't Feel Long-Term Contract Likely

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

[​IMG]

hey hey hey Sho me da Mon-ayyyyy

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

3. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I understand that these guys have to think about their families and their financial futures, but come on they need to keep it real with themselves. AH is a force to be reckoned with no doubt, but he lacks the one thing that I see paying big money for, and that's consistency. When I think of AH, it mostly brings memories of him holding out his rookie year (briefly), picking up personal foul calls, stomping Gurode in the face, rollingaround on the ground injured, dragging himself off the turf in exhaustion, and generally underachiving and underperforming. He had a career year, but with his inability to STAY ON THE FILED, I believe he needs to prove his worth. He needs to put in some serious work, get in shape, stay on the field and prove to the masses that he's not a one hit wonder.

Personally, he can stay or go, We really only missed his presence last year, other than that, his presence has been pretty much uneventful.

4. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

He realized that he should take this deal while he's going through his divorce. He doesn't want that new long term contract to be a part of the divorce proceedings.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Huh? Why would he want a signing bonus/contract while he is still married? She would get a large % (unless a pre-nup).

Am I understanding that you believe he will sign the franchise tender and hope his divorce is executed prior to the end of the season?

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

exactly, he's going to take the franchise tag instead of a long-term contract.

7. smili

smili Starter

They do it to get him into camp and get him in shape so he doesn't end up hurt like has happened in so many previous years.

I became an AH fan last year. and he is worth signing for one of the top DT tackle contracts imho. He's one of the few game changers we have.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Albert was great last year, until he got hurt. I'm not sure he's worth a long term deal, cause I'm not sure he has a long term in him...Give him big money, in short terms.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

albert was still very good when he came back, just not great.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I think that's what I said..?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar