Have we peaked with MM

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shane_mcmurdo, Nov 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I would include 3rd in passing TDs as a significant stat...pretty crazy to think we have more passing TDs than Steelers, Chargers, Patriots, Raiders, and Colts.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Because we can't run it in.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think the passing game has certainly benefited from our running attack. To claim we can't run it is crazy since we are 3rd in the league in rushing yards.

I don't think anyone has been happy with our lack of success in short yardage situations.

4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Being 3rd in rushing has nothing to do with short yardage goal line situations......as you pointed out. You made my point all by yourself.

5. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

I certainly think Mularkey is peaking. He is so intent on running the ball even in situations where the defense is in great position to stop it. He said that we have won games when we run the ball more than we pass. It may be accurate but its only because we dial the offense back when we are up and forced to pass the ball when we get down early.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

He has to mentally translate from his primary language; otherwise you people would go nuts trying to understand what "da kine" means.

Oh hell.I can't resist...

"So we go line 'um up; da braddah gi'me stinkeye, I see he try make da kine D...he tink he akamai! I say 'eh, coach! dey wen go try one tree fo! No can run, I try trow'um small kine fo da ekahi!' He say 'eh!...if can, can..i' no can no can', so I say 'k, we gofo broke!' an get one fuss down! da braddahs tink dey akamai, dey lolo to da max!"

#46 avvie, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar