Have we peaked with MM

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shane_mcmurdo, Nov 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shane_mcmurdo

Shane_mcmurdo Starter

I know we are playing better football than we have in years. And it's great to see how much upside we have and a bright future is finally upon us. Mularkey gets a lot of credit for that making the most out of what he has. But do you think we're close to plateauing with him? Roster upgrades are very much a need, but even after we make said upgrades, do you think Mularkey is the guy we should go forward with? Or have we seen the most we will get with him as a head coach?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mularkey peaking at .500? Hell yea lol

But we have Mariota, so Mularkey at
    500 is promising.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JBC

JBC Starter

The offense is averaging 25.5 points a game in Mularkey's system. I'll take it. If JRob can get Lebeau a couple of dbs who can cover, the Titans will be tough next season.

• High Five High Five x 6
  4. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

I was disappointed with the play calling in the 2nd half today. We should have lost. Got lucky their WRs dropped TD passes.

No idea why we stopped feeding Henry, he was the hot hand but we went away from him and we didn't let our QB attempt some better passing plays. 3 downs on the goal line and kept trying to have DeMarco run it in.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. DaCost

DaCost Starter

No way has MM peaked once Mariota learns how to audible and run the offense like rivers/Drew/brady and others do he will then peaked same could be say with Jaimes down in Tampa.

6. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I honestly believe Mularkey is the guy taking us into next season. 2017 will be a make it or brake it. Like @JBC was saying, get the defense some more pieces to the puzzle and we should be in good shape.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Playing "not to lose" is Fisher ball smh.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I don't think we're peaking. I think we are just starting to see our potential.

With a better secondary, we would be over .500

With another weapon on O (a deep threat) the O can look even better.

But the main thing needed right now is consistency. We saw MM8 and the O struggle in the beginning of the season. I think a large part of that was unfamiliarity with the scheme, and also the coaches not really understanding how to use MM8. They seem to be getting on the same page now, but it's not perfect yet. We still have slow starts and games we come out flat.

Keeping this staff together with MM8 over the offseason will help to fix that. these coaches will have a whole offseason to tailor the O towards MM8. and MM8 will come in day 1 comfortable in the O.

Part of the success of guys like Brady is that they have had that consistency for a long long time. they can hit the ground running each season because the already know the O inside and out. That is a huge advantage in a league where most teams cycle through coaches and QBs every few years.

The staff has shown this O can be explosive. And that is without a true threat at WR, and a 2nd year QB. There are plenty of teams that would love to have an O that can put up points like we can.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 2
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Put Mariota on these Broncos or Chiefs teams and they would be Super Bowl contenders. We're not peaking at all. We're just getting started.

Our play calling is still incredibly frustrating. Mariota was 10/14, 139 yards and 2 TDs in the 1st half. Then he goes 5/9 in the 2nd half. Horrific play calling. Don't let up like a bunch of p*ssies. Break their will and pile up the points. That's field goal Fisher bullsh*t.

It's about time we give Henry the start and let Murray rest. Murray has had ZERO burst the last two weeks and it's obvious this injury is having more of an impact than we've been made to think.

Hopefully the bye will help... but I'm worried Murray is tanked for the season. He looks like he doesn't have much left at the moment. Often there's genuinely nothing there for him, but even when he's getting holes and a ton of open space, he isn't making the same big plays.

Also, in critical situations, please leave the ball in Mariota's hands. We suck at picking up small chunks when we need to. So much for smash mouth. More PA bootlegs for the love of god.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Oh man, I feel you bro. Mularkey needs to take today's game to heart and never take the foot off the pedal ever again. As you said, break their mother ****ing will to play any more.

Side note: Did we even run the hurry up once today? Maybe that drive before the half? They need to use the hurry up a bit more IMOP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar