Have the Titans given up on Young?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I know their answer is no but they have sured drafted like they have. Young has yet to have a legit #1 WR. How are we supposed to evaluate him until then? I understand what the Titans are doing by having a great run game because Young isn't that good of a passer. When the WR's drop countless TD passes though it doesn't help. Yes the Titans have signed Crumpler and McCairens but when J-Mac is your big WR signing, that sucks. Even though Chris Johnson is a playmaker their is no way you can pass on any WR in the draft! If I'm Vince I'm thinking about when my contract ends because he should now know the Titans will never help him as a passer. Even when Dinger came back as OC alot of people said Young will do better but doesn't the OC have a say in the draft? I know everyone doesn't have Hawkins being the big WR drafted for the Titans. It just makes me think that if the Titans drafted Cutler they'd give him all of these weapons. Cutler or not you have to help your QB. No way a Defense can lead a team for 2 years straight.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I would say yes if they would have taken Brian Brohm in the 2nd, which would've been better than the pick we made.

3. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

Yeah, maybe Dinger at least which means he never give him any thought. It all kind of makes you wonder with Dinger having had problems with MAC and now from all indications giving up on Young. I am not sure what it all means but I have my theories that I won't post here.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

They gave Young the fastest and most diverse offensive player in the draft. Obviously, the Titans felt he will be more productive than any WR they could have drafted at #24.

5. mdfan

mdfan Starter

It's also possible that they see some capacity for the receivers that we already have to get better - it can happen.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

One way to look at it is the Titans didn't feel anyone available at #24 upgraded WR as much as CJ did RB.

I'm thinking Chow probably would have loved the pick.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It also suggests the coaches may feel the problem with our passing game isn't our WR's.

8. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

Worked for the Ravens

9. Loc

Loc Guest

They have not given up on VY, however they see themselves as a running / smash mouth team. Problem is that RB they drafted is unproven (like Henry last year) with great physical gifts. Titans are making bad decision, and it will come to haunt them in the future. We better hope that someone unknown steps up.

10. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

plus they will sign Marvin Harrison after the Colts dump him before the season

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar