Hatts off 2 dem' Cards....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DirtySouthBoyz, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

The late fumble, was a fumble. He lost control of the ball, before his hand went forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj5blYOvOII
    Watch the angle from 5:52. He has lost the grip when he makes the forward progress, it is correct as called, a fumble.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

Can you give negative rep for language

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Stop being bitter the Cards had a chance to win it in the end and they couldn't do it. The penalties and big plays the defense gave up is what lost the Cards the game not the refs.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

can you spank a kid for looking at you funny?

let's not abuse the system. save it for the trolls who want to be a$*hats.

5. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

Thats cool I was just joking but its all good

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Side note: In the past two Super Bowl's the Steelers have won, their opponents have accumulated around 225 cumulative yards of penalties. A little help from the zebras never hurt anyone's odds

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

He lost control of the ball AS his arm was going forward...

I dunno, with the tuck rule and everything I get confused on what is and isn't a fumble... But with Warner's arm coming forward (passing motion) I thought it should've been ruled incomplete, not a fumble. Don't see much difference from that play and the earlier play in the game that the refs ruled fumble and then had overturned.

Whose bitter? I don't give much of a ****, it's the Cardinals.

I'm pointing out that there were major controversial calls in the game, including the last play and most importantly the INT TD before halftime that should not have counted.

I guess incorrect touchdowns have no impact on a game. :rolleyes:

edit: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...es-Super-Bowl-XLIII-to-unrevie?urn=nfl,138123

Also a nice mention of the bogus roughing the passer call against the cardinals, which I had honestly forgotten about until I read the article, but now clearly remember the play.

Of course Eddy can disregard this article, because what the refs do in the superbowl make no difference to the outcome.

8. Smash

On the earlier incomplete pass/fumble situation, you can clearly see how Warner has control of the ball when he makes the forward progress. On this one, the ball is hit loose just before. You can see how awkward his arm is, when he makes the forward progress, because of the hit from Woodley.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I appreciate your explanation and I concede if that is the correct rule interpretation than it probably was a fumble.

Still, i think it was at least close enough for a booth review.

In a different situation, in the first quarter on the Steelers first TD (which was called back), I thought the Steelers may have gotten screwed on that call. What exactly is the interpretation when running? Is the rb down when progress is slowed (or almost stopped) and his knee lands on a player, but not the actual field? Seems like there was another situation that came up with the runner being down or not. I wasn't sure exactly what to make of those plays.

The game seemed to have a lot of those close plays that could've gone either way. Seems like there were some bad penalties called as well. I know the Cardinals won 2 challenges, so that also leans towards the refs not getting the calls right on the field. I think this game was representative of a season with many bad situations for referees. I hope the NFL will look into higher paid, full time refs in the future. I also think athleticism, age, and eye-sight, need to be major considerations for the future.

10. Smash

You're talking about the BigBen non-TD? His knee was down, before the ball crossed the line. Couldn't find some decent pictures/angles from it on Youtube, though. But you're right, there were some very close calls in the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar