Hats off to Tommy Smith and Ruston Webster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Yes you're right they had/have a solid D...but I don't believe the WR's were why...Decker had a decent year TD wise, but the rest were question marks like many teams.

what other teams were in the running for Manning?

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

If they, the coaches, turn our to be bumbling idiots, then yes. If the bad seasons are due to being outplayed by players, then no. Drafting talent and getting the best FA's to consider coming here takes time.

We have been consistently outcoached. We have unbelievable talent on this roster. We can compete. I just hope this is the staff to make it happen.

3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Finding a viable replacement. Lol. Thats kinda funny. Kick-ass would have been a viable replacement compared to buttmunch.

kick ass copy.jpg

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Tommy Smith is such a goofball.

I do however like seeing him say the word "delighted"

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

I think he just gets nervous in front of people.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He does, and he'll get better at doing this in time.

Kendall Wright used to be a mess on camera, but he's a natural at it now

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Regardless of the results, we made CHANGE and that's all that matters.

Tommy Smith would get 100% praise from me if he just outright got rid of Munch instead of giving him an ultimatum.

Oh well, my hats off to the FO. I can't wait to get the ball rolling now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Lol so every team should stick to their plan even when that plan won't get them to the Super Bowl? No... That's being content with mediocrity. With Peyton the Titans are Super Bowl contenders. Without Peyton the Titans are not Super Bowl contenders.

The mere fact that Hasselbeck had the best season of any Titans QB just goes to show how much we had sucked over the years.

You don't turn down a shot at arguably the best QB of all time in favor of Locker and Hasselbeck. I'm sorry... That's stupid. And that's exactly what Munch wanted to do until Bud jumped in and forced his hand.

I never said we failed to get him because we were content with mediocrity. We failed to get him because:

1. John Elway
    2. Our weak coaching staff
    3. Stupid Vol fans

I am glad we didn't blow $100mil on Mario Williams. He might be good, but he's not THAT good and certainly not worth that money. We need a pass rusher, and that's what the draft is for.

Not my fault this team didn't listen to me and draft Robert Quinn in 2011 and Star Lotulelei in 2013. Best DL in the league if we had just done those two things. Instead we got Locker and Warmack. Awesome.

Anyways my whole point was that we are moving in the right direction and no longer content with mediocrity. Clearly we were in the past. That's obvious.

9. JimmyTitan

JimmyTitan Starter

That is a pretty long recap of what everyone already knew and went through watching ESPN and NFL Network as a Titan fan. However, it seems as though Tommy Smith (with his limited time as an NFL owner and experience) and GM Webster are finally doing what needs to be done to bring back the Titans of old and renew a sense of confidence and winning here at LP Field.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Lol I was thinking the same thing during the presser. I really get the vibe that he's excited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar