Hate to say it...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Why would you call me a basher? Everything I said is true. And I've never cared about any player's contract or off-field issues - it's not my money and I have my own issues.

You shouldn't be underperforming just because your team sucks. That's completely unprofessional and yet another excuse. You might as well just stay at home and not play at all.

For the record, the team only sucked 2 out of the 7 years Haynesworth played with the Titans. In fact, the Titans made it all the way to the Conference Championship in his first year and to the Divisional Playoffs the next year.

That's right. The NFL is a business first and a game a distant second. I'd say that a player's market value is whatever a team is willing to pay to get him. I don't think anyone should be bitter with the guy for taking that huge deal. I mean, who wouldn't?

My reply to your post had nothing to do about Haynesworth's contract, though. You seem to be making all kind of excuses for his performance throughout his career, even blaming the Redskins organization for not doing enough to motivate the guy, as if signing a 100 million contract is not enough.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't believe it for a minute. When I saw him early in the season, he looked slow. After watching him last night, I don't feel any differently.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

:ha: Your funny. I am no hater. I hate losing yes, but calling me a hater is dumb on your part. It's well documented that I'd like a coaching change, and disliked the entire idea of Collins leading us. That in no way makes me a hater. LOL still laughing at you for that.

4. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

Of course it was a matter of time before some one brought up the MNF fight and still tries to blame AH for it.. Yet it obvious who started the fight.

Me personally i like fighters. People who dont wanna get pushed around and wont settle for it. We actually have many of them on our team. Finny is a great example, tony brown, practically our whole Offensive line, (how many fights did we get involved in on our MNF showdown with the texans? Honestly tell me, because i lost count after the first 120 seconds of the game.)

Actually i am really disappointed in you bringing this up after watching an exhibition of exactly what is wrong with the redskins on MNF..

Seriously were you and I watching the same game? Because you are the first person to pin point that out as a legit reason for why the skins are what they are right now.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Who said anything about fighting? Haynesworth came to camp nothing close to the shape he needed to be in and continues to not play close to the previous two seasons, in part, because of it.

Now Al wants to blame the system, or his coaches, or whatever. Maybe the Titans front office had a pretty good idea that Haynesworth would slack once he was paid.

6. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

It also sounds like AH kind of regrets leaving a little bit.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

At least we'll still get a third round compensatory pick for that giant windbag.

8. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

My bad.. (thats what i get for doing crap between my responses.) I mixed up your link with another page i was looking at about the fight. (some one else sent me the link)

So I came back to the pc and thought that was the link you had posted.

Regarding his reporting out of shape, AH didnt report out shape to the skins, he was on time and in training camp.

So on that part about him reporting out shape was a wrong suspicion on the coaches part. And if it was such a pressing issue, they could have easily included stipulations in his contract for that.

I really think that they should have given him whatever he wanted but as long as they were certain stipulations in the contract. Like the number of snaps he played balanced out over meaningful tackles and/or sacks. Or his weight, or practice schedule etc. If they had meaningful escalators that show good intention to pay for actual production and not some bogus crap meant to help the titans dodge paying him like they have done for other players, i am sure he would have signed with us..(thats assuming bud adams would be willing to pony up.)

They guy did go to washington with the full intention of putting in another stellar year and he said as much.

Lets not discount the effect of different coordinators putting him in a different system from what he was used to and just expecting miracles.

9. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

maybe haynesworth shouldnt be complaining about the redskins and should have stuck with the team that drafted him and was 13-3 last year instead of the skins which havnt been a powerhouse since???...oh well im sure Al can dry his tears with all that money

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar