Hasselbeck sharper than Locker in 2-minute drill

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

The only story here is how hard Tennessean beat writers swing from Hasslebeck's junk. An entire article dedicated to Hasselbeck having a good practice. The other day, when roles were reversed, a tweet. Practice.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Yeah, nobody but that Tebow clown scrambles in practice. :p

Yeah, plus Locker was playing with the second team, Hass with the first.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea when I saw Tebow scrambling on 7 on 7's, I nearly fell over. He even stiff armed the guy that tagged him LOL.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. JCBRAVE

I don't think Locker will pull away until preseason games come around. his skill-set wont show up in practices as much as Matt's will.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Manning threw a TD the first day of training camp. Have ever of these scrubs got one yet?

6. JCBRAVE

We have a better defensive backfield than Denver does. Manning doesn't want any of J-Mac

7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

ANSWER THE QUESTION JCB!

and btw where is the video of Tebow stiff arming guys in 7 on 7? I wanna see that, lmao.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm just hoping to see Locker improve as training camp goes on. That's a sign that he's on his way up and not regressing or stagnant. As long as he keeps improving he'll be a much better QB than Hasselbeck in the long run. There is an advantage to having experience at QB if that QB's had any success. I agree with JC that Locker's skill set isn't highlighted until live situations. His ability to extend plays for the pass or take off for a few yards or a 1st are advantages Hasselbeck can't compete with.

I think we have a full blown battle this camp. Should be fun to watch.

9. JCBRAVE

I saw it on ESPN so IDK where or if there is a video of it, but I could show you Tebow shirtless in the rain if you'd like.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I've been somewhat following Gabbert's lack of progress in Jacksonville via articles, blogs, and such. He scrambles constantly in these drills. Turns out that's what his coaches tell him to do. Tuck and run if you see nobody is open. Either the coaches are preparing Gabbert for a season of scrambling because of his terrible passing skills and sub-par receivers or they want to get him hurt as soon as possible so they can make a pitch for a real QB. Regardless, have Locker or Hasselbeck had one scramble in any of these drills? I can see in certain drills, but 7 on 7? Come on. I think Locker and Hasselbeck pretty much always throw the ball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar