Hasselbeck has fond memories of Nashville

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Matt Hasselbeck never wanted to leave Nashville.

The veteran quarterback spent two seasons (2011-12) with the Titans before they released him. The Colts quickly signed him, and he’s comfortable in Indianapolis, but he has fond memories from his days in Tennessee.

He rented a home from country music stars Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. He made friends on and outside the team, and his kids loved school.

“I honestly had the greatest Nashville experience that someone could have had,’’ Hasselbeck said Wednesday on a conference call. “Renting a house from (McGraw and Hill) was like a dream in itself — it didn’t feel real. They were great landlords and super people and very considerate.”

He said he enjoyed being a Titan, where he started in 2011 and was a backup to Jake Locker in 2012. During the offseason, however, the Titans and Hasselbeck couldn’t agree on fair compensation on a restructured contract for 2013.

He has one other big regret: he named his dog “Titan.”

“So I get a lot of dirty looks now,” Hasselebeck said. “I probably should have thought that one through a bit more, but we really thought that would be our last stop.”

Hasselbeck said Locker and Rusty Smith helped train the chocolate lab, and Locker ended up buying Titan’s brother.

“Andrew Luck was over for dinner the other night and was like, ‘What’s your dog’s name again?’ And I was like ‘Titan,’ ” Hasselbeck said with a whisper.

When Hasselbeck returned to Nashville on Nov. 14 for Colts-Titans at LP Field, he was able to catch up with some of his former teammates. His kids went back to their old school the next day for a visit.

Hasselbeck, who spent 10 seasons with the Seahawks before signing with the Titans, hasn’t played much for the Colts. He’s 4-of-8 passing for 105 yards and one interception.

The Titans visit the Colts on Sunday.

“Going to Nashville was a little bit of a scary thing,” Hasselbeck said. “My plan was never to leave Seattle. … But if I would have missed out on our experiences in Nashville, the friends, the memories and just the people we met there, that would be a devastating thing. It was a really rewarding two years and I feel very grateful.

“I think we are taking a similar approach with this situation (in Indianapolis), not knowing what the future holds.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

:coltssuck:

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Hass was never anything but classy with the Titans.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Titan is a great name for a pet if I must say so.

5. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

He might be fond of Nashville, but Nashville isn't fond of him. Didn't do much for us, then went to a division rival to give them our secrets.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Which secret?

Run up the middle 1st and 2nd down, or pass on 3rd down?

• High Five High Five x 5
  7. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I ordered a snake from Tennessee a lemon pastel ball python from Tennessee I named titan,
    even though it looked like it could be a Pittsburgh steeler mascot haha

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Your pet isnt blue? Fake fan!

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

If you're bald or fat, maybe.

10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

unfortunately blue ball pythons are a little outta my price range haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar