Hasselbeck And His Long Term Future In Tennessee......

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Really tempted to rate Volek above both of them. He played pretty good when called upon. He doesn't have the win record. Then again, games where a QB throws over 400 yards, four TD's, no interceptions, and we still lose aren't really his fault in my eyes.

2. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Oh absolutely, I'm sure it was.:rolleyes:

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Could have sworn your name was codpiece.:rolleyes:

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Flynn is with Seattle.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

When we needed Hasselbeck to lead us to wins the last 2 weeks of the season to guarantee a winning record and a possible playoff he did it. Actually we won 4of the last 6.

When we needed O'donnell to win with Mcnair down in 99 he did it.

When we needed Volek to lead the team in 06 and help VY develop he whined like a baby. I can forgive the the 2-6 record in 04 when the team was so injured but he had the starting job waiting for him in 06 and just did not lead.

6. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Classy. :thumb:

7. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Texans game was enough for a lifetime. Oy.

Anyways, I like Hasselbeck. He gets a lot of flack that he doesn't deserve around here, but he was playing lights out early on before the injury bug got ahold of us. Not sure how much he'd want to be a #2 though... but at his age, it's just a reality he'd have to face. Not many contending teams want a QB near 40. And not many (if any) teams would become contenders with a near 40 year old QB.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I could have sworn when he signed the deal, I had heard that the 3rd year, the final year of the contract was back loaded, and it'd be unlikely he'd be on that team the 3rd year.

9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Exactly what i thought too.

So essentially this season could be his last year here.

I'd love to have Matt stay here as a backup.

Which brings me back to what i've been asking all along.

Will Matt stay here or go to a another team as a starter if that team offers him a high dollar contract.

I honestly believe it will come down to those choices.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Rusty was Heimerdinger's guy- he was crazy about his "potential".

I agree with TJ we haven't really seen what he is capable of performance-wise. He looked really bad against the Texans but that was 2 years ago. He has had a lot of time to get things worked out. I'd be interested to hear Palmer's assessment of him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar