Has Goodell tarnished the league by...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by flamehead2, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Maybe he was going to a friend's place to crash and was speeding so he could get there faster or something :suspect:

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:yes:I totally agree. You see it just like I do. Pac is at the limit with crap like this. He's on the brink of never playing again and wasting that God given talent and ending up a life's loser... and he's not doing anything to help himself. It's like he's trying to get in trouble with the police. Jones should be taking special care not to draw any attention whatsoever... instead he makes sure it's in the papers that he is full of crap about his self imposed curfew which just makes everything he says seem worthless.

:rant:It's like Peter Griffin telling Louis he's decided to go on a diet, drop the spare tire and get in shape. Then you turn around he's got his head stuck inside the empty twinkie box with whip cream filling smeared all against his face... When I read the cops stopped him for reckless driving and driving w/o a license... It would be different if it was someone else... someone with a clean slate... someone who hasn't gone to court over ankle biting... freakin' ankle biting... wtf man? ankle biting? How old is this kid? 8? who the ---- bites ankles?

:rant:55 mph zones on Nashville interstates are 55 mph zones for a reason. Some of the interchanges are very narrow and tight and need to be 55 mph for general safety. There has been a lot of construction over the years to improve the roads there as well. It is not unusual to find men working at night when there is construction underway. How would you like it if someone drove through your work place at 80 mph? People in my county know better than to speed in construction zones or when mower crews are present mowing medians and shoulders. It's not uncommon at all for troopers to patrol these areas where state employees/contractors are at work.

None of this wouldn't concern me at all if it weren't for Pacman's past record and the fact that his future is being decided for him rather than by him. Pacman has given the power over his own destiny up. He needs to take precaution and recognize.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

When your that short,an ankle is a legitimate target. :duckrun:

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

One of AOL's lead stories is about Pacman....more great publicity for the Titans.

Paralyzed Man Furious With Suspended NFL Star
    Man Injured During Strip Club Melee Ignited by Pacman
    By PAT GRAHAM
    AP Sports
    (Page 2 of 2)

"We're taking it very seriously," said Lt. George Castro, leader of the Las Vegas Police Department's violent crimes unit. "We are still working on and looking at everything that comes in. We've never closed our doors or said enough's enough."

'Try Being Put In a Wheelchair'

Jump Below:
    · Rise, Fall of Pacman

More Coverage:
    · Pacman Cited for Speeding
    · Jones Spotted at Strip Club
    · Could Pacman Sue NFLPA?
    · Whitlock: Mayhem in Vegas
    · Go Inside NFL FanHouse

According to a Las Vegas police search warrant, Jones was showering dancers on stage with thousands of dollar bills. Minxx strip club co-owner Robert Susnar has said the shooting happened after Jones threatened to kill a bouncer, whom the club owner said intervened when Jones allegedly attacked a dancer after she grabbed money on the stage.

Jones' attorney, Manny Arora, didn't respond to a phone call or an e-mail.

"Did it (throwing the money) incite them in a violent fashion or in excitement? We don't know," Castro said. "But when you call fire in a building, you're still liable if someone gets hurt. There's a certain amount of responsibility."

Jones, who has been questioned by police in nine other incidents since being drafted two years ago, has been suspended for the 2007 season for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy.

He's appealing the suspension and recently took out a full-page ad in a Nashville, Tenn., paper that said, "Learning that I would be suspended from the NFL was one of the worst moments of my life."

Urbanski shakes his head.

"That's the worst moment in his life?" Urbanski asked. "Try being put in a wheelchair for the rest of your life. This changes everything."

http://sports.aol.com/nfl/story/_a/paralyzed-man-furious-with-suspended-nfl/20070513001409990001

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

http://sports.aol.com/nfl/story/_a/paralyzed-man-furious-with-suspended-nfl/20070512220809990001

here is the page one link. that's awful seeing that man's picture. I mean, I feel for him and am very sorry about his circumstance... hate it for Pacman that the whole thing has a human face... before today I had never seen a picture of the paralyzed guy... the sight of him will only turn public opinion against Jones even more.

I don't want to sound insensitive so please, no one get on me for this next remark but being a bouncer at a Vegas strip club in the early am is kinda dangerous work. I mean, there is an element of risk involved. Not to blame the poor guy... but Jones could be paralyzed just as easily playing football... that's organized malice aggression... don't tell me it's not. We all know those NFL guys get detached in the heat of the moment... except for that NY Giant that let Vince run for that big 1st down... you know what I mean. It is unfortunate that Jones tends to have a problem keeping himself collected off the field. That article describes Jones like he is some kind of sex hungry animal.
    that sounds particularly bad alongside this photo.

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

[​IMG]

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

As I posted in another thread I find it funny that the journalists keep writing that he's "lashing out at" or "is furious with" Pacman, when the only comment he makes that is about Pacman is that he (Pacman) should be happy to only lose his job, not his mobility. He doesn't even mention Pacman in relation to the shooting.

8. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Wow you Pacman haters really hijacked this thread huh?

The thread had nothing to do with pacman. It was about how this new policy by Goodell has brought more attention to NFL players missteps and is making the NFL look even worse than it did. I think goodell should have done this in a more covert manner to avoid all this publicity he has stirred up.

Those of you focused on Pacman should go to one of 100 other pacman threads to discuss him

9. The publicity is the best thing for the NFL. And this thread is all about Pacman to begin with...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar