Has anyone seen refs take over a game as much as UK vs Miss State?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That was honestly the most lopsided, terrible series of calls I've ever seen to completely take over a game and bail a team out.

Were the fans wrong for throwing things? Yes. Did they have reason to be pissed? HELL YES.

I feel bad for the kids at Miss. State that actually played good enough to beat Kentucky, and had the game stolen from them by officials. It's terrible to see them go out of their way to protect a team that might not be as good as they're allowed to think.

The officiating vs UT was bad enough- but tonight? Inexcusable. And how sports writers will bite their tongues after this will not surprise me, but I still can't understand how they resist.

Kentucky fouled almost every drive. No calls. John Wall has his shot clearly blocked by Stewart- Stewart is fouled out of the game. Kentucky player lowers his shoulder and runs over a planted MS player... defensive foul. Then a touch foul at the end that put Wall at the line to seal the game.
    Then there was the clear goal-tending on an easy layup where the ball hit the glass and then was blocked.

Embarrassing.

2. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

Sounds like a Cavs game.

3. Deuce Wayne

ha. That's true, but I expect better from college. I've learned that goal tending, traveling, fouling etc rules don't apply to Lebron.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

didn't mean much to Michael Jordan either. He was given 4 1/2 steps and if anyone looked at him he got a continuation foul

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Yeah Deuce that total BS. I was like WTF. Miss State has a lot to be sore about. I'da been throwing stuff too. They got robbed.

6. Deuce Wayne

But Michael Jordan was Michael Jordan. He's the one exception.

You know what kills me most is how commentators that watched this game are on ESPN right after saying things like "Kentucky did what they had to do to fight and win this game" or "Calipari's kids did whatever it took to win".

No. They were bailed out, and everyone that saw that game knows that.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

If you haven't figured out the SEC's agenda, please let me enlighten you. The SEC props up the teams and coaches that bring the most revenue in for the conference. Where as Florida and Alabama are products of this phenomenon in football, Kentucky, who has the most wins in college basketball history + the presence of a big shot coach and big time recruits, I'm sure the league feels the need to be a little lenient on Kentucky.

Afterall, ESPN didn't pay the SEC all that money for the rights to telecast their sports only to see teams like Miss State beat "Cal's Cats"

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

There were some horrible calls in that game. Usually, that stuff evens out but it didn't last night.

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Horrible game by the refs last night. SEC has to look into the quality of officiating in the SEC. Any UK fan who is crowing about winning that game....shouldn't. Lucky isn't the word. Add to the fact MSU was sitting out their top scorer. MSU should be ashamed at the stuff being thrown on the floor, but Cal and UK should be ashamed at how that team was crowing after the game. But that's what you get when you base your entire teams success on 1 and done players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar