Has anyone noticed Tornadoes are becoming to common?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jessestylex, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

It's kinda crazy i remember as a teen we got maybe 3 warnings each spring/summer. now you turn on the TV and the Southern states are getting bad weather and Tornadoes every other week. We are getting more Tornadoes than we did 4 years ago and more people are dying per season, is this due to Global warming? I've also noticed all the storms come from the west how come we dont get them from the East?

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Why from the west? Um...because.

Weather does typically follow patterns. The Weather Channel was a farce in Greensboro because I could draw an accurate radar map faster than they could run it. I also knew that the rain would break and miss us nearly every time unless it was a violent squall line. Here on Maui, the trade winds come from the northeast 99% of the time, and you can just about set a clock by them.

It doesn't really matter if 'global warming' is real or not....it's the scapegoat of the day, and someone will tie the tornados to it. The exception will be Pat Robertson, who will tell you that tornados happen because God hates you because you love fags.

Mr. Robinson should hire some better researchers. Maui, of course, is a beautiful paradise environment with little or no inclement weather. It also has a much higher percentage per capita of chubby-puffin' flitboys and spikey-haired carpetmunchers. The South, by contrast, has a much higher percentage per capita of racist homophobes with bad accents. I'm guessing God hates them instead.

:suspect:

Um, what was the question again?...

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Tornado Alley....or the end of the world?

Buh Buh buuuuuuh!

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

people who think global warning doesn't exist are lost in their own little world... you think the tornadoes are bad, wait until hurricane season.

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Did you know the globe actually cooled this past year by almost the same amount that the ALgore's of the world have claim it warmed the past 70 years. Also, did you ever think that maybe, just maybe we can track things like that much, much more accurately than 20 years ago or more. It's called WEATHER!

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm pretty certain that the South Pole has actually grown as well.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

19 people were killed last night from Tornadoes.

57 people were killed on May 5-6th

54 people were killed in Feb, 30 from TN.

4 People were killled from Jan 7th-10th

434 tornadoes have been sighted during the first 10 days of May.

They are going to have to start building homes with safe rooms in them. It has gotten far more worse than Hurricane season.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Do you have any statistics on deaths from tornadoes or numbers of tornadoes in past years?

9. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I'm not sure I'd say its worse than hurrican season. I mean katrina a couple years ago killed almost 2000 alone. And I know most houses in tornado alley do have basements to go into.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Katrina killed fewer than 1000 people. Early estimates were way off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar