Harvin and Tate...Oy Vei!!!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Gut, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyro1772

pyro1772 Camp Fodder

The only problem I see for him is this. If you were drafting a WR and there were a slew of decent WRs out there, that were productive and stayed out of trouble. Why would anyone risk picking up one that may be suspended by the next year. If your pick doesn't get to play for you, you've wasted your pick. I predict Okland will pick him up in the 1st round if anyone does, if not they will in the 2nd for sure....lol. But, with the way Goodel cracks down now, who has the guts to take that chance? I don't think I could.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

harvin was taken off our board a long time ago, IMO.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TheWarriorTitan

TheWarriorTitan Camp Fodder

Harvin will fit into the Warrior's offensive scheme perfectly.

To the poster above me, I take it from your avatar that you are a jokester, because no serious person would take Harvin off our draft board for celebrating 4/20 a few months early at the combines. Come on man, let the kid light it up, he can still run fast so who cares.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

You have to be kidding. Of course he should be taken off draft boards for this.

I realize that tons of NFL players smoke pot. That doesn't bother me. What bothers me are the ones who are too stupid (or too hooked on it) to not smoke before they know they are going to be tested. Those are the kind of guys who end up being too dumb to stop smoking at key times in the NFL. Travis Henry. Ricky Williams.

It's one thing to smoke in the offseason when you won't get tested. It's another to get busted when you had all the warning in the world that a test was coming.

That's more than enough reason to take Harvin off your draft board.

5. TheWarriorTitan

TheWarriorTitan Camp Fodder

I bet you thought we shouldn't draft Pacman for being a thug at WV either huh? I bet you thought that OJ was guilty didn't you?

Give the kid a chance, he likes to smoke pot, so what? He's a man and can do what he wants. I want him on my team and the Warrior will make him into a fine football player.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, he's also injury prone and a punk. he got into several fights in high school, which prompted the VHSL to ban him from high school sports for the second half of his senior year. then he gets into fist fights with chris rainy and jared fayson at UF(actually causing fayson to transfer).

then there's this:
    http://www.scoresreport.com/tag/percy-harvin-rumors/

add all that to the fact that he doesn't have a true position, why would anyone WANT to take the guy in the first round?

7. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

The problem with both those situations is obvious neither worked out in favor of the individual.
    The problem with "lighting it up" is.... its still illegal and as long as its illegal he runs the chance of getting caught and getting suspended which in turn hurts the team. The "grown mans" actions always affect his responsibilities.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

No matter how hard I try, I can't wrap my head around what point you are trying to make here. It's just total nonsense.

Are you saying that you don't think OJ was guilty? Even if that is what you are saying (which would be ridiculous enough on its own), what the hell does that have to do with Percy Harvin and the NFL draft?

9. pyro1772

pyro1772 Camp Fodder

To be Honest I wasn't really high on Pacman when we drafted him(I wanted Antrell Rolle). Yes, I do think OJ did it, but would be open to believe it was his oldest son who was a butcher (look it up on youtube. Jason Simpson, I think, is his name. Pretty interesting argument)

I do agree that he is a man and can "do what he wants" but that logic can be used for anyone. There are a lot of men in prison because they did what they wanted, but now they are paying the consequences. What good is he going to be to us if he turns into Pacman or Ricky Williams(the pot smoking unreliable one, not the one of last year)and stays suspended? Also, what team does the Warrior coach? It sounds a lot like the Raiders...lol. Either way the Warriors logic on this one makes about as much since as the Ultimate Warriors interviews did in the early 90's wwf...lol

10. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

This almost makes me want them to draft the kid solely to see some one like Bulluck or Mawae to put him right back into his place! :ha:

....but only in an alternate reality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar