Harvin a Seahawk

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ontario Titan, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I clearly understand your point here. But in this case, Harvin is the missing link for the Seahawks to win it all. I understand the Vikings got value out of trading Harvin, but I just wouldn't trade him to an up and coming team in my conference that could ultimately become a powerhouse with that specific link.

I'm not really sure which teams inquired about him, nor do I know what they offered for him, but I know for sure that the Seahawks gave them the best offer and therefore the Vikings had no choice but to bite on the offer.

One thing is for sure is that Harvin wanted out and I can bet my bottom dollar that the Vikings didn't want to trade him to the Seahawks, due to the fact that Harvin just put the Seahawks over the edge.

NFC thanks the Vikings for making the Seahawks better, just like the AFC thanked the Raiders for giving Moss to the already explosive Patriots :)

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Harvin is going to flourish big time in Seattle.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Would've rather kept the pick, avoid the monster contract, and get someone like Tavon Austin or Patterson.

4. pettso

pettso Starter

I'm in for another $500. If I had to pick a rookie that WOULDN'T have a let down season, it would be Wilson. He's smart, has a good arm and most importantly has an astonishing work ethic. Solid coaching and he's in an environment where they're trying to surround him with talent.

I've been watching a ton of Seahawks since I moved out here ~5 years ago and I honestly think they'll be great. This deal came as a huge surprise to me, they don't really "need" someone like Harvin (they already have Tate & Baldwin) but they'll probably end up shopping/cutting Leon Washington which will free up ~3M and the chances of finding someone as talented as Harvin with the #25 pick are VERY slim. They're getting a top 5 WR who is very young (only 24) basically for the #25 pick and they'll sign him to a long-term deal.

First sounds like a lot, but as others have said, the guy was in the running for MVP as a receiver at the start of the year. That was with Ponder as his QB.

5. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I got 50 bucks in moolah that say his migraines come back the minute his bank account gets a deposit..

6. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Harvin is probably one of the biggest head cases in the nfl. There has to be A LOT more going on for them to dump a talent like him. The migraines...Death in the family...The sprained ankle of bibical proportions...Maybe we should just be happy with britt lol

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Peyton Hillis 2.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar