harry potter and the half blood prince

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by GMITTS, Jul 10, 2009.

?
  1. yes

20 vote(s)
    69.0%
  2. no

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

Well, you aren't truly a man until that happens. :thumb:

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm happy to admit that they're written progressively for various teenagers. I'm also not going to call them literature or say that they're incredible writing or particularly important.

However, entertainment is entertainment, and something can be entertaining even though it's something that kids can enjoy. I don't have kids, but I probably will see UP when it comes out on dvd. Heck, I enjoyed Over the Hedge and I saw it with a friend who is also my age.

You exaggerate the "it's for kids" angle. It's written at a simple enough level that a teenager can read it. However, it's clearly entertaining and complex enough to engage adults. I think it's great that the whole generation that grew up with it is really into it. There are plenty of worse things for them to obsess over, most kids get a little too into something at some point. I agree that it's pretty strange when anyone currently 25 or over really gets into it. (anyone younger was at a more reasonable age when the books started coming out) However, I don't think it's strange for someone to read the books or watch the movies. Plenty of people read all kinds of junk, it's perfectly normal to throw in some fluff every now and then.

Get off your high horse, you like plenty of low-intellect entertainment.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

yeah...like soccer

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

:rolleyes:

wow how did you become such an expert on everything ...

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

By the way, let's not ignore the fact that you weren't just saying that you weren't into it, you were saying that the entire fanbase probably deserved to die...

Yeah, you're definitely right, it's "not that serious." It was just an incredibly stupid and shallow comment.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I didn't say they deserved to die lol. I said they were probably that lame. The way you (gotitans3801) described it, I don't have much of a problem with- well, again unless you're lining up at Barnes and Noble as a 20+ year old waiting to get Harry Potter on release day.

Mass Murderer? Yeah, I bet things got reaaal dark and scary there! haha

I can see watching the movie, but reading a 500+ page teen book as an adult is just too time consuming for amateur type literature. I don't think the plot is good enough to occupy an adult's time. (the book)

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Obviously a lot of people disagree.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Obviously.

And that's ok. Just doubt they're the coolest people on planet Earth.

9. I'd like a clear definition, without exception, of what makes something a "children's book"...

I mean, is all animated TV/films for children? Are adults not allowed to watch the Simpsons? Or Akira? Are all books or shows with kids as the main characters only for kids to enjoy? Are comics strictly for kids?

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Who ever claimed they were?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar