Harry Douglas, Da’Norris Searcy take pay cuts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tricky, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

We have McBride as well which I forgot about. I think we carry 5.
    I'd like Zay Jones or an upgrade at TE behind Walker which might be better used than a 5th WR.

2. kenny

kenny Starter

It's just good intelligent team building. Why pay an underachieving player above average pay for their performance? Especially players who amount to role players. It also sends a clear message: You will be paid based upon how you perform. No matter how much cap space you have; well managed teams do not continue to pay inflated rates to players who do not perform.

Sure the team may pay more for a player in FA than we, as fans; feel is appropriate. However, well managed teams place a value on a player, and pay them according to that value. They may go over a bit if it is someone they feel can really help the team. However, the moves Robinson is making are the moves we should've seen for years..... The Cyprien & Sly Willims contracts in FA are questionable IMO. However, Robinson may see things I do not. I REALLY hope so... Restructuring under-performing players is just smart all the way around. That cap space is carried over and will be available for players who can help us in the future.

You never know what Robinson has planned. He may be making cuts & restructuring deals with a move in mind. He also may just be evaluating players & paying them their actual value as he sees it. Either way; it is the most efficient management of this team that I have seen to this point.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Robinson continues to build a cultural understanding that despite cap situations, you will not be overpaid for underperforming. Hopefully it builds a culture of guys who realize you can't get paid for coasting in Tennessee.

Also, this probably locks up Searcy's roster spot and rules out SAF at 5

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I never expected to go Safety at 5 anyways, but keeping Searcy should have little influence in whatever we do, hes only average

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I hope having Searcy doesn't deter adding an elite player to the roster. I think we have bigger needs but if Adams is there at 5 I hope we take him. His leadership alone could really change this D's mentality.

6. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Yep, players place their value on what other players are making. If we pay a mediocre player 8 million a year, other mediocre players will start expecting to get paid the same.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Absolutely, but not just mediocre players...don't think the Panthers signing Short to that big extension didnt get Aaron Rodgers attention!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar