Harrison is a gutless rey-rey want too be

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoT, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Let me clarify by stating that I'm referring to the impact, not him launching himself into the QB's facemask.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It was a legal hit! McCoy was running an option he was a ball carrier.

That's why almost all nfl teams will not run the option on a regular basis. The QB would get killed. Only Tebow and Newton can run that play.

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

It was not a running play, he was running and threw a pass as he neared the line. Thuglife launched himself head first into the facemask of a QB. Quite the contrary to what has been said, I don't want a Titan to play like that, play hard yes but not like that. I can't believe the brownie OL didn't make a point to take him out after that as the Titans did to Shawne Merriman. On a legal hit by the way.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You are completely right and to argue otherwise is an exercise in futility. There's better video out there than the OP. That was a straight up helmet to helmet, period. Watch this better clip and tell me it's not helmet to helmet.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDvi5vGsY90"]James Harrison Huge Hit on Colt McCoy - YouTube[/ame]

That's no damn option either. He dropped back, made a read or too, :D avoided pressure, threw a forward pass with an arm motion uncharacteristic of an option read. My advice to those of you who argue this was a legal hit: obtain an operating system that supports adobe flash.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Not legal, but not that bad. I didn't even realize he threw the ball until I watched it again. I don't think we'd be talking about it if it wasn't James Harrison.

6. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thats ridiculous. i don't want anybody on my team that is a blatant cheapshot artist constantly looking to hurt people.

7. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

no its not.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

This is the option, IMO, but it doesn't even matter as long as the QB is out of the pocket. The real question is if you think the hit was incidental. We look at it and see different things. To me, it didn't look like Harrison was trying to use his helmet, so the hit is legal. QB's forgo the one step rule when they run away from their pocket.

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

but also...

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

They do not forgo helmet to helmet. Harrison launched himself helmet first into Mccoy's facemask. Why are we debating this?

• High Five High Five x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar